Gift Eternal Rainbow

bstill's avatar By bstill on Sep 19, 2011

At the beginning of this anime, the story seems like it will follow the run of the mill harem path. It does do that for awhile, but I think that it deviated from that path as the series progressed.

There are some interesting elements to this show like the gift and the eternal rainbow over the town which keep you wondering what they are, which is rare because you can almost always tell what is going to happen in a normal harem show from the first few episodes.

The ending of the show has more intense drama than you might expect. Overall, this anime is pretty good. I would recommend it to any fan of the harem/romance genre. It's not the greatest thing ever but definitely worth a watch.

Komirai's avatar By Komirai on Aug 6, 2012

To tell you the truth, I did not expect much from these series..
but then, it seems I was wrong xD.

Story (7/10)                                                                                                                   The story is the usuall love triangle that I have seen so many times.
A childhood friend and a male protagonist getting along when another old friend that the male character had a crush on( usually) comes back and there goes the triangle. However, the story was, nonetheless, good. It wasn't boring, although there wasn'nt anything that stood out that much.

Art (8/10)                                                                                                                      The art overall was pretty good, and the figures didn't seem out of place. The characters were drawn nicely. The art did certainly bring the rating of this series up.

(8/10)                                                                                                                 The sound was also very nicely fit into the scenes. It really helped set the right atmosphere to each of the scenes that it was put in.

Character
(6/10)                                                                                                            The characters were nothing new, as this type of genre is common, and their actions were almost always predictable. It would have been much better if there was somehting more unique about the characters... but then that may as well have affected the story as a whole.
But this does in no way mean that the characters were shallow. They were well, thought out and each character has his or her own development in the story.

Overall, I think these serie is really worth watching if you like romance stories and have got the time. I wouldn't say that its a Must-See, but still it is worth the time.