Gakuen Heaven

WittyKatts's avatar By WittyKatts on Aug 16, 2010

The story was good for the most part. It's your average shounen-ai anime. I found the animes' comedy rather humorous, and the storyline rather sweet, though it did get a little predictable for me.

Animation:

I liked the animation, though it was nothing fantastic. It definitely could've been better at some points, but it most certainly wasn't the worst I've ever seen. So over all, pretty average.

Sound:

Honestly, I'm not really good at judging whether or not Japanese voice acting is good. Even the crappiest Japanese voice acting pales in comparison to the unbeatable shit you call English dubs. It screwed up my judgment tremendously. But I found the opening theme very catchy for some reason, which is odd because I generally don't like music with that kind of feel, but whatever. xD The ending theme is nice, a slow paced song, but really nothing spectacular about it.

I personally liked most of the characters. The main character, Ito Keita, I found absolutely adorable. I fell in love with him, because I'm a sucker for shota boys. I found Endo Kazuki weird at first, but as I began to understand him and get to know his background, I warmed up to him. I found a few characters annoying however, such as a certain pair of twins that for some reason, just agrivated the hell out of me, and Naruse Yukihiko, just because he overused the word "Honey"(Seriously, why don't you try using Keitas' name every once in awhile? People are given names for that reason, you know.) Overall, the characters were good, some better than others, but whatever.

Overall:

It's a good anime that I recommend to any shounen-ai/yaoi lovers, and possibly some shoujo fans! xD It had such a shoujo feel to it for me. I'd love to see if anybody else got the same vibe from it as I did. But anyway, it's not a waste of time watching it. I hope my review was helpful.

Elucia's avatar By Elucia on Mar 6, 2011

Hello there! Elucia here with my first anime review. I chose to do this one because it's the one I've most recently finished, but anyway....

Story: Centers around Ito Keita, an average boy who was unexpectedly excepted into a

school for only the elite. The school is called Bell Liberty Academy or 'BL' Academy for short(I

kid you not). Throughout the series, Keita's inner struggle is believing in himself, he often

doubts that he is qualified to go to such a school. The story as a whole is average,

often predictable, and sometimes slow. However, it is a cute series, and the characters are

always kind (with the exception of the vice chairman) and the friendship the students share

is heart warming. If your someone that likes fluffy shonen-ai type shows than I

definitely recommend it.

Animation: Animation is average, but could be better. Not the best but not the worst either.

Doesn't detract from the series in any way.

Sound: Catchy opening theme, with a soft sweet ending theme. Music within the series is

suitable but not really memorable. Japanese: voice acting is average, easy to listen to.

English: I did not watch the English but I know it has some talented actors(Maxey Whitehead, Eric Vale, Michael J. Tatum, Travis Willingham)

Characters: While the characters aren't really unique, they are entertaining, what's more

interesting is the relationships they form with each other. They all have fluid designs and

they each have different talents. While they aren't unique in the anime world they are

distinctive from each other.

Overall: 7.5 out of 10 Predictable story, entertaining characters, cute and fluffy shonen-ai

series.