Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess

Alt title: Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko

Add review
MissCellaneous's avatar
Aug 4, 2013

The Fairy Tail movie has a similar plotline like the anime: The main characters get into big trouble by chance and have to fight their enemys to save the world. (typical shonen plotline)

To me, the beginning was a little bit too long and the ending too abrupt.

However, as a Fan of the series I still enjoyed the movie.

I was a little bit disappointed that the movie focuses a lot on Lucy and Eclair. I mean, I like Lucy, but I hoped for the other character of the Fairy Tail Universum to get a bigger role as well, but they were(as usual) just supporting. Of Course Natsu had the Boss Fight and Erza was fighting a very interesting opponent. Too Bad their battle was so short.

Last but not Least: Gray! As usual, Gray had to clean up the remaining enemies. At least he and Juvia were fighting together, but I'd wished for him to get a bigger role....

I totally disliked the Animation. Usually I don't mind if the Anime and Movies alter, but the colors were really dull which made the background too dark. During the Boss Fight the color contrasts start hurting the eyes: Dark background, bright flames, crystal cleared ice,...

I advise you to not watch it at night or in dark rooms!

Shortylynnchaos's avatar
Jul 30, 2016

So I love Fairy Tail, heck my infant even has a Happy doll and he's not even a year old XD
Anyways I loved this movie becuase the story was fluid, the animation was... not as good as I'm accustomed to BUT you can tell when the movie was made in the storyline of Fairy Tail so you can tell when the animation changed as well

They basically make you fall in love with a new character named Eclair and then you learn about the "Phoenix Stone" and how shes been protecting it with no memory of her past. And as you follow Eclair she gets her memory back little by little and to make the story short your gonna cry. Like crazy. Like Angel Beats crazy.

Beware but enjoy!