Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko

Alt titles: Gekijouban Fairy Tail: Houou no Miko, Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess

MissCellaneous's avatar By MissCellaneous on Aug 4, 2013

The Fairy Tail movie has a similar plotline like the anime: The main characters get into big trouble by chance and have to fight their enemys to save the world. (typical shonen plotline)

To me, the beginning was a little bit too long and the ending too abrupt.

However, as a Fan of the series I still enjoyed the movie.

I was a little bit disappointed that the movie focuses a lot on Lucy and Eclair. I mean, I like Lucy, but I hoped for the other character of the Fairy Tail Universum to get a bigger role as well, but they were(as usual) just supporting. Of Course Natsu had the Boss Fight and Erza was fighting a very interesting opponent. Too Bad their battle was so short.

Last but not Least: Gray! As usual, Gray had to clean up the remaining enemies. At least he and Juvia were fighting together, but I'd wished for him to get a bigger role....

I totally disliked the Animation. Usually I don't mind if the Anime and Movies alter, but the colors were really dull which made the background too dark. During the Boss Fight the color contrasts start hurting the eyes: Dark background, bright flames, crystal cleared ice,...

I advise you to not watch it at night or in dark rooms!