Dragon Ball

Th3Laugh1ngMan's avatar By on Dec 21, 2015

really this anime is just a gateway to other animes

one of my first animes

it was pretty funny

story is very average

you watch this anime because of the characters

would not rewatch because it's so damn slow

6.5/10 story
7.5/10 characters
Nesian's avatar By on Aug 11, 2015

I can't remember how old was I when I watched this but let me just say: That 'little-me' back then loved this. It's funny, action packed, and you get to see what most of the Z warriors were like as kids...no need to mention what Goku was like; he's the same as ever. Nostalgia right here.

Danielwhiteey's avatar By on Dec 5, 2014

An anime I thoroughly enjoyed as a kid and now I have to come to appreciate it once again. Re-watching this thrilling action packed adventure reminds me of why I do martial arts.

This feel good story follows Goku a boy who continues to defy human limitations and discovering new power and challenges along the way. Unlike DBZ I feel like Dragonball earns its name as the main objective of finding Dragonballs to aid those in need, with Tenkaichi Tournaments separating these quests. The fight scenes are amazing; they leave you speechless as you decifer how this rival will be defeated.

Goku's hero qualities are childlike in manner as in many instances keeps his enemies alive because he wishes to fight them again in the future. This method instigates him gaining new allies to fight stronger opponents in the future.

Overall this anime is amazing. When I watch it I am taken back to my childhood as I relive one of my most favourite adventures.

ThePhoenix23's avatar By on May 31, 2014

Genre: Action/Adventure/Comedy/Martial Arts/Shonen/Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Super Power
Company: Toei Animation
Format: 153 episodes
Date: 26.2. 1986– 12.4. 1989

Setting::Set in the future where there are flying cars,giants,powers,animals that can talk,dinosaurs and so much more crazy stuff it is a fantasy anime and it takes it to a new level of awesome.Overall loved the setting

Story:Bulma is a girl in search of the mystical dragonballs that when brought together grant any wish. In her search she bumps into the owner of one of these balls, a strange boy named Goku. The two then set off together, Bulma in search of the dragonballs and Goku on a quest to become stronger.

Season 1/Arc 1 Emperor Pilaf (1-13) Rating: C+

Season 6/Arc 6 Fortuneteller Baba (68-83) Rating: B-

Season 7/Arc 7 Tien Shinhan ( 84-101) Rating: A+

Season 8/Arc 8 King Piccolo (102-122) Rating: A

Season 9/Arc 9 Piccolo Jr. (123-153) Rating: A+

Characters:Really deep and likable Goku is one of the nice'st and most pure of heart anime character's ever.My favorite is Goku because you see how much he develops in his quest and it's hard not to like him you see him go from an 8 year old kid to a full adult.Bulma one of the funniest character's in the show who is the women that made all this possible and is hot headed,Krilin is a bold kid and Gokus rival.Roshi a pervert who is really strong and deserves to be called master and he is one of the funniest character's in the show.Overall really likable cast of character's

Main characters:

Son, Goku (Rating: A++)

Krillin (Rating: B)

Bulma (Rating: B)

Master Roshie (Rating: A+)

Yamcha (Rating: C-)

Shinhan, Tien (Rating: B-)

Piccolo Jr. (Rating: A)

Animation:The animation was done by a famous studio called Toei Animation that made shows like DBZ,Toriko and One Piece.Now i know that this anime is really old so I'm not gonna go to hard on it but there are a few problem's.1#The character's of Goku and Kriling they look of there nose's look non existent and there short ass hell.They fixed this in 50th episode.2#Acward moment's when the animation is weird even for 1986 like shadow's looking strange.But still the fight scenes look good the character design's look good and it looked good for 1986.But the animation is still dated

Sound:Really good OSTS.The music fit's for every scene perfectly but there were no track's that i wanted to listen on my iPOD excepted for the theme it's awesome. The dub is amazing I love it. The sub is not as good as the dub, but is still a pretty good sub.

Opening: A classic in the world of anime.It is so nostalgic and the song is great.I have it for my ringtone 9/10

Opening 2: Same shit, new toilet ! 9/10

Ending: Okay but nothing great 5/10

Humor:It's ridicules and hilarious.This show has some hilarious moments like Goku not knowing the difference between a male and female unless he touches them in the crouch.So if you like comedy anime this will make you LOL 11/10

Verdict:Dragon ball has that nostalgic feel to it when you watch it again so i could'n wait to watch this anime again and finish it and give you this review.If you newer watched Dragon ball than you are a fool because this anime is a true classic

Final score:10/10 or A++

8.5/10 sound
PhdInCartoons's avatar By on Mar 4, 2013

Very repetitive, but it doesn’t feel that way. There is always some competition or bad guy to train for. The show isn't really about the plot line as much as it is about entertainment value, which there is loads of.

Not brilliant, but then it is old. It also should be noted that it does get better as the show progresses. It does hold up quite well considering it is form the mid 80s.

The music is a great fit for the show and good in its own right. The voices fit the characters well

There is very little development; they are all likeable enough though. The little development there is forms the basis of characters in the sequels. It is quite interesting to see where realtionships came from.

Overall

Good fun. The daddy of all fighting anime and still not that far from the top. If you are into fighting anime definitely watch it

7.5/10 sound