Dance in the Vampire Bund

Animatic21's avatar By on Oct 7, 2013

Ill be honost, I only watched one full episode, and about half of the second but I can tell you this anime is a hoax. Dance in the Vampire Bund is my favorite manga, but The anime is Wayy off base from the manga. I mean even before I started reading the manga I tried watching the anime and hated it, hell it was a stroke of luck that I even picked up the manga in Boarders. My suggestion is that rather than waisting your time on this anime you should pick up the manga, then your life will be complete.

Dance in the Vampire Bund manga's score: 10/10

0.1/10 overall
angelsreviews's avatar By on Jul 18, 2013

The story line seems both the same as all other shows about vampires but then it has a little bit of its own story line. I have a small feeling it’s a mix between ‘Black Blood Brothers’ and ‘Moon Phase’ where it’s a cutesy Lolita girl but is creating a new area for Vampires. I’m not so sure how I feel about Werewolves being controlled by Vampires. To me, they should be on the same level like all the other story lines but I guess it fits the story line. Akira feels a lot like Kouhei from Moon Phase and I would probably say they were the same person if it wasn’t for the fact that he isn’t a real weakling. Another thing that makes it odd is that Akira’s friend talks a lot throughout the story as though she isn’t in the show much.

The artwork is bright and crisp, though I feel it should have been a little darker. It’s rather high detailed in some places but then turns into action lines and crazy CG artwork in a couple parts. This is the really sad CG that doesn’t look right in the show. It’s also the fact that the parts they have CG could have been really easily created by drawing. The beginning is pretty interesting though the running around gets really old really fast. I’m also not found of the naked Lolita. It’s more fan service that isn’t needed. There is also way to many images of flowers when there not part of the show.

The music is really not that special. I only like the beginning song but the rest isn’t really even loud enough to hear it. The English voices are not that great, but yet not that bad too, pretty much a rather average show.

hakura123's avatar By on Feb 16, 2013

I must get this off my chest, I felt like a pedo bear watching this! I know that the charzcter is old but I did not want to see little girl boobs! So just to let you know there are boobs not a little just a little.

The story was really good, in my opinion it was a redemption for vampires after Twilight came out. They were kick ash they were breaking stuff and killing things. They way it starts is a hook, it hooked me in like a big ol' sucker fish.

Lets get real animation now adays is like prestine shiz along with the sound there is no random gurgling that shows up when you record.

The characters were so realistic I could see them being real people in the world today. Imagine the news if vampires were real they would be on it everyday. They would get pissed at being in the spotlight. I'm not going to go any further to avoid leading to any spoilers.

If you want vampire redemption, or you don't think they need redemption watch this.

KonekoNekomata's avatar By on Jun 21, 2012

This is my all time favorite anime. I love how they leave you with questions they never answer. I hate that thier is no second season. This anime has a great love story with twists in every episode. It's not your usual sappy love story you read these days about vampires. It brings us back to how vampires used to be. The way they are scary yet still sexy. There is lots of nudity in this manga like in a lot others. Some of the parts or aspects of this story may or may not make veiwers hate it. Most of it is only because of the age range between couples. All in all this is a great anime to watch. You get hooked and most people watch the whole season in one night.

Mina Tepes is one of the main characters, she is the ruler of all the vampires. Akira Kaburagi Regendorf is her body gaurd who in the beggining lost his memory, he is also a werewolf. werewolfs in this story don't look like wolves just three times bigger they actually look like humans turned into a beast with the abs and all. Mei Ren is another character in this story that likes to confuse you a lot but if pay close attention you will understand what she is trying to say. Mei Ren is a shifter like Akira but she is a tiger and the last of her kind. Thier is also Yuki one of Akira's closest friends and used to be girlfriend before he lost his memory.

spikespiegel1632's avatar By on Jun 4, 2012

Dance In The Vampire Bund is definately one of those animes you accept and end up enjoying or you come at with preconceived notions of what it should be and you never end up getting over that. I actually almost gave up on this show immediately based on its loli aspects. However the premise of the show intrigue me so i kept watching and i'm so glad i did. First if your not into loli ignore the fact the main character has the body of a little girl and just enjoy everything else about the anime. This will definately end up becoming one of my top animes and i can't wait to get started on the manga.

The story i felt was really well done for the short amount of episodes this anime had. A lot of people who initially see this show dismiss it as just some excuse to show a little girl naked. Ignore that fact about the show and by the end you will find out their is a reason the leader of all vampires has the body of a little girl. If you stick with it with an open mind it will make you even a little emotional especially towards the end when truths are revealed. How do you cope with having to let go of someone you love? How do you face your responsibilities when it means giving up the one person that makes you smile? Those are just a few of the things dealt with in this great anime that i felt tied everything up nicely by the end

I really loved the animation in this one and loved all the characters models in it. The only small negative is that in a few action scense the animation seemed a little to static for my liking.

Really enjoyed the music throughout the series, especially the opening. The opening i felt was really well done with the main characters and the animation goes with the song nicely.

There are quite a few characters in this but i felt i knew enough about them to actually care about them even though the anime was so short.

Overall

Overall this is one anime that needs to be seen with an open mind. Forget what we have come to accept as what a vampire should be along with what they can and cant do. Ignore the fact that there are lolita elements in this show since there is a reason behind it. Just enjoy the wonderful story, the interesting characters. the music that guides you along the journey, and one fine example of some good anime.