Daily Lives of High School Boys

Alt titles: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

kanamekakashi's avatar By kanamekakashi on Jun 2, 2012

I'm usually not a laugher, but this anime was so much fun! Even if there were some no needed short stories, most of this anime was really good. I'll watch it twice for sure !

Fragacide's avatar By Fragacide on Mar 22, 2012

This little everyday anime stars a colorful cast of high school boys. In a series of shorts, each episode shows their daily lives as crazy antics happen to them. Sometimes the crazyness is caused by them, sometimes it's incidental, but they're reactions are anything but ordinary.

As one would expect in this show, they go all out to get even the smallest of laughs. There doesn't seem to be much plot, but there is some very slight progression.

As far as animation goes, I tend not to think about it while watching. It's not overly spectacular, but at the same time it's not an eyesore.

The music tends to blend in well with the scenes and sometimes adds to the humor.

The characters are as diverse as you get, and any character that's not really important is blatently drawn without eyes. The main characters seem to consist of the three goofballs at the start as well as the rest of their class in an all-boys school. It bounces from guy to guy, each with his own humorous troubles.

This is the type of anime where you'll find yourself placing your palm to your forehead and asking, "What the hell is wrong with these guys?" as you hopefully keep down anything your drinking and/or eating.

KageNoArashi's avatar By KageNoArashi on May 11, 2013

Story: Just comedic fun

It's pretty obvious that there is no actual plot in this show, it is just teenagers doing random stuff and making jokes out of them. It nicely portrays the childish creativy we had in our teenage lives(i'm a teen lol) and are mostly just "side stories", nothing much to talk about here.

To the meat of the show, the jokes.

Honestly, it's a mixed bag. Some jokes are hilarous but some are just yawn-out-loud boring, because the jokes are mostly very slow and draggy(sometimes they even tell you when to laugh). So you basically get a random mix of good and bad in every episode, it kinda relies on your "luck" whether or not you'll LOL or fall asleep.

Good jokes consists of alot of shenanigans and the characters fooling around in various hilariously clichèd ways, slapstick comedy.

The bad ones are usually just them talking...and talking...and talking,,,and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Animations: Decent

ZZZZZZZZZ....

*snort* .......oh...oh yeah the review...i'm sorry....

Well...the animations looks pretty fluid, nothing spectacular here

The art style is pretty simplistic for the time that it is made.

Characters: Stereotypes

They are simply a cast of stereotypes, funny but just bland and shallow(and somewhat generic) stereotypes.

There is a pretty colourful cast of characters, you can pick your favourite one from them, but most(at least IMO) are forgettable.

Sounds: Passable

The soundtracks sounds decent, most of them are good, but there's only a handful of it.

Overall: Don't get me wrong, i did enjoy watching this as light entertainment, it's not a bad comedy at all. It's the kind of series where if you skipped 10 episodes, it won't confuse you nor effect anything, and it works nicely as a time waster. And nothing more than that, just watch this to waste time.

What's good:+Half of the jokes are extremely enjoyable, +Decent characters

What's bad:-Draggy jokes, -The other half of the jokes are really boring

3.5/10 overall
C3RIAL's avatar By C3RIAL on Apr 11, 2013

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou or Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, is an extremely funny anime. It revolves the daily lives of 3 highschool boys, but some characters end up getting the same amount of screentime or even more screentime than some of the main characters.

Tadakuni: He is a main character belive it or not, but thats the beauty of his character. He hardly shows up and is a main character, that is the joke with him. The devolpers intentionally gave him little screen time because, the show needed un-average lives and Tadakuni just so happened to have the most ordinary life out of the 3. It really is funnier than it needs to be, but now that you understand it, you can enjoy it.

Hidenori: He is the real main character of the group, whether its forgetting his glasses when they're right on his head, or having some issues with the literary girl, he always finds some way to make the viewers laugh. His crazy antics with his best friend Yoshitake will more than likely make you laugh. I know it made me.

Yoshitake: Not having as much screentime as Hidenori but, much more than Tadakuni he is the "Extra" character, this isn't too bad considerin
g he is funny in his on way, its just the fact that I feel he compliments Hidenori rather than being another character. Still I like his character and his insane out bursts about dog shit or even putting pencils up his nose, he'll always be there to make you laugh.

There are plenty of other characters like the Dumbfounded, big ego'd Ringo, or even the president of the schools attempts to date her.

The sound in this anime where better than average but, not amazing. They get the job done and the intro  was ok, I found myself liking the intro more with time, the ending I felt was greatly done, I'd download it if my computers harddrive didn't suck. The sound just adds to the funny gestures and randomness of the anime, so its a win in my book.

Now this is where the anime hits a home run. The animation. Now keep in mind this isn't revolving around the storyline, so the animation doesn't have to be great, but thats the thing the animation is good. One of the best parts are the facial expressions they can pull of f with this type of animation, the sisters don't have eyes.. but.. thats well, I really don't know. This is a prime example of how crazy facial expressions can get in an anime .

All together this is great anime, so long as you enjoy randomness and slice of life.
Id recommend this to most people looking for a laugh.

If you liked this anime series, I'd recommend the following
Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star

7.7/10 overall
RoyalOtaku's avatar By RoyalOtaku on Feb 22, 2013

Daily Lives of High School Boys is one of the most hilarious anime that I have watched in my anime watching life time. This anime is about the daily live of high school boys that do the most random of things that will kill you with laughter so make sure you are not eating or drinking anything while you watching this. The jokes in this anime never get old, boring and repetitive.

The animation of this anime brings out the humour of the funny moments especially the facial expressions but there is one major problem thats disturbing it is the fact that the main characters siblings do not have any eyes and it takes time to get used to that.

The sound is something that also helps with the humour and some of these even got stuck in my head. The opening song isn't anything special but the ending is something that I loved and something I just had to download.

The characters have their own unique personalities, for example you have the over thinker, the idiot etc.

This anime has no story to it .So If you looking for plot you are going to have to look further as it only focuses on humour.

Overall this anime is something addictive that you cry when you realise you have no more episodes to watch that you end up rewatching the series