Da Capo II

Gakorak's avatar By Gakorak on Nov 4, 2009

I will simply say this:  If you're willing to finish watching this (It's bearable) then you'll find it's climax in Season 2.  And that alone made watching this garbage worth it.

This story tells us NOTHING of the original male and female leads of the original Da Capo even though it's the same EXACT setting 40-50 years ahead.  We do know that they had children (I'll let you guess who) and that they are amusing, entertaining, wonderfully drawn, and basicly what any anime man fan would want in a pair of sisters.

The Sakura tree plays a small roll in this season, but it's just a build up for later.  This story actually makes no sense to me as a whole.  Other then background for future seasons this season on itself had several directions, making the conclusion fuzzy.

The only part of this story that I actually enjoyed only lasted 2 episodes.  The 'Idol of the school' drama involing a love triangle with the main cast.

Actually, I enjoyed the characters of this show a lot.  It was the plot that made me go 'lol wtf gtfo.'

bstill's avatar By bstill on Sep 8, 2011

This series is basically a character introduction for the next season. The plot has nothing at all to do with the plot of Da Capo II second season. This is probably the worst of all the Da Capo shows. It would be worth watching only if you wanted to be familiar with the characters in the next season.

It can be hard to keep interest in the show during the middle of the series, it almost seemed as if it was going to turn into chobits for awhile. The way the main character acts through the entire show I also found extremely annoying. He shows no interest in any girls whatsoever, despite having a girlfriend and other girls all over him.

This show would get a lower score if it wasn't part of the Da Capo universe and didn't have a much better second season.