Code:Breaker

ffbfran's avatar By on Oct 14, 2014

Code breaker made me fall in love. I wanted an anime with action, cool fight scenes and lots of awesome powers. This satisfied my craving for violence while having an interesting storyline and great characters. As an anime I loved it. Then I read the manga. I still love the anime but I realize they kind of destroyed the manga. Not that they were completely different but they seemed to have chopped it up and spliced parts together to introduce all the characters even if in the manga they weren't part of the arc they decided to make into anime. Also it's over 200 chapters; this short anime had nothing on the manga. Its good but in the same way the movies for resident evil were. Enjoy the links to the game but don’t expect it to match it. Choosing to look at it from that point of view I enjoyed this anime, I even watched it more than once. I did however curse the ending so badly that I decided to read the manga (as I hadn't yet) just to find out if the ending was different (because I am so hoping it is). The ending didn’t surprise me but the romantic/humanitarian in me was not satisfied. Then again this anime is not romance based so I shouldn’t expect a happily ever after, still can't blame a girl for hoping lol.

TheWingedAziel's avatar By on Aug 30, 2014

Code:Breaker for me wasn't all that fantastic but at the same time it wasn't all that bad nothing really stood out to me in amazement but it was still enjoyable to watch. For this review sound and animation will not be commented on as far as I could tell there wasn't really anything wrong with them but again nothing really sparked any excitement.

The story ran along at a reasonable pace, it leaves itself open at the end which is typical of short based anime which sucks while some other animes continue onto their three hundredth episode where the story is either becoming dull as hell or it's using filler for some pointless reason. One of the things i didn't really get was why it was some people were born with these powers and this wasn't very well explained all I got was that some people are born with it and some are not and that's that which doesn't really seem like a good explanation. Another thing which didn't really add up was why sakura was this thing called a "rare breed" There was no explanation for this and it wasn't even explained on what a rare breed was, all that seemed to happen was she could negate special abilities that these code breakers and other people may have.

Most of the chrarcters in the show were good, you had your crazy bad guys, your minions for the bad guys with their twisted motives and your good guys with their sense of justice and stuff. However Sakura kinda stuck out like a thorn in this mix up of good versus evil. She has the paragon good attitude where no one should hurt anyone and that doesn't really work when all the code breakers are all about eliminating evil, not to say that she should have supported everything they do, but it did get annoying for like the hundredth time where she shouted to Ogami telling him not to kill the person and then he went and done it anyway, Burning them to nothing.

One more thing to add onto Sakura is even although she's a fantastic martial artist in her school she kinda sucks when it came do defend herself from the villians in the show, whether if it was just getting captured or getting strangled to death by someone she really didn't do much about it.

All in all Code:Breakers should be on people's list on things to watch for action or supernatural genre types but probably not on the first page anyway.

drannith's avatar By on Apr 27, 2015

Code:Breaker could of been so much greater than what it was, for me at least. The story line started off nicely but slowly degraded into a mess, pair that with one dimensional characters and you feel left wanting. A redeeming quality of this anime was the sound and animation, while not the best I have ever seen it did have some moments of greatness.

Overall I feel this could have been a really great series that I would be waiting for the second season to be coming out with baited breath, instead I really don't care about the "cliffhanger" that was revealed in the last episode since it was sprung on you in the last 10 minutes of the first season.

VeraNeves's avatar By on Mar 5, 2015

Really loved this one! When first begun to watch it was a bit suspicious about, but in the end I've been sad because it had only 13 episodes.

TallyCrow's avatar By on Jan 17, 2015

(My opinion everyone)

The Storyline was very unique, as in there is very few elements that share a connection to other Anime bar the obvious. I really liked the fact the main girl looks pretty weak but can actually defend herself to some level, and also like the fact she risks her life for the people that are also willing to risk their own life for her.

The Animation and Sound were pretty good for a 2012 Anime and the Opening song was brilliant and very addicting, it was hard to skip it when I needed to.

The Characters were most likely the weakest thing in the whole Anime. I have this issue with girl Anime characters called Sakura… because in all the Anime that I have watch, the girl named Sakura is very annoying to begin with but then by the time I have seen them gain strength and get to know them, I start to really connect and love them. The same goes for this girl Sakura in this Anime. Also I really loved Masaomi for reasons you may only understand if you watch this... to the end.

Overall I really enjoyed this Anime, but certain things just didn’t click with me.

8.5/10 characters