Chibi Devi!

NoelleSasaki's avatar By NoelleSasaki on Mar 9, 2014

Chibi Devi! is a really cutesy anime that isn't very serious or "plot-centered" at all. (What'd you expect from an anime with episodes that are 5 minutes long?) Sometimes, the episodes focus on Honoka and Shin's relationship or "Oh, no, my aunt is going to find out I have a devil baby in the house!" type things, but mainly it's just the devil babies having fun, or not having fun at all, at the daycare. At first, it has a focal point of Honoka trying to figure out how to take care of Mao, the devil baby, and trying to keep it a secret from her aunt that shows up every once in a while. Later in the show, Honoka struggles with her feelings for Shin, but it's a very short-lived aspect that isn't really mentioned much. I'm assuming because this is supposed to be a very light-hearted anime and focusing on relationship drama would just be too much for it. Other than that, every episode is a new thing unless some kind of "drama" shows up and is only a problem for three episodes max.

The mini-plots are interesting in each anime and you can really relate Mao to a real baby throughout them. Yet two things I found weird are that Mao and his friends just started speaking full sentences in about two episodes, which was really strange. In another episode, the foster mothers let their devil babies go to the super market by themselves.....Do children not get abducted or something? Then again, they are devils, but still.

I believe this anime is supposed to be very comedic and not serious at all, so I didn't tear it up on the story aspect.

Animation:

The anime is really cute and suits the light-hearted story very well.

Sound:

The music and sound affects and voice acting is as mentioned, cute and suiting. The sound affects aren't wonky and placed nicely. Sometimes, though, the babies make the weirdest noises.

I like the characters. Everyone is very cute. Yet, Rai is very...considerate for a baby (yet sometimes he pulls pranks and makes a weird face and a "Ho, ho, ho" laugh....) , and Karin is a spoiled brat. She's kind of aggravating sometimes. The mamas of the devils are typical teenagers. They are still very cute though.

Overall:

It's a really good anime and great if you just want something to do. Or if you're really into cute and comedic anime. If you do not like cute, non-serious, "every episode is a different mini-plot" type anime, this one isn't for you.

9.5/10 sound
Peyton's avatar By Peyton on Jun 28, 2012

By the gods this is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Just wow like just cute overload and its not just the babys every character in this anime is cute in one way or another. If you like cute things watch this anime i swear it is adorable.

The story CUTE!! just like everything in this series but still manges to make me feel for the charectors with its little dramas in esch 5 minte episode. The story flows really well too, each episode picks up exactly where the last one left off. Wic is in my opinion very compelling. another thing thats great about this series is that because the episodes are short cathing up is very easy and can be done ian a day easily.

The animation is say it with me CUTE!! thats it that is all it needs.

The sound I dont really know cause i was distracted by the CUTE!! but what i picked up through the cute was cute sounds.

My favorite part of this show. Every character is cute in one way or another and they are defintly what makes this show so awesome. Im not going to describe them but i will say some of the characters dont seem cute at first but belive me they are.

Overall watch it if you are a fan of cute things or babys or budding romance or parenthood then watch it. Just do it  as soon as possable