Chainsaw Maid

Add review
PolisKanin's avatar
Jun 5, 2015

"Chainsaw Maid" doesn't even get the chainsaw until 4 minutes into the 6 minute short. There is no excuse for this.

animegirl14's avatar
Dec 14, 2016

Well then I really don't know what to say to this cringe worthy anime and I'm not impressed at all so this is my review of Chainsaw Maid

They did the plot but who drinks tea while there's a dead body in a room, I thought they're getting her to the hospital but no I was wrong.

Oh god the animation is clay animation no real Japanese animation at all just clay. The grotesque is cringe that I had to cover it so I'm not happy about that and it's only six minutes.

The sound was off and horrible and it couldn't get any worse the characters weren't speaking, and I feel like I'm watching an old film with the subtitles on screen everytime a character say something.

The maid for instant does her job while the father sits on the couch, drinking and the daughter didn't do much but to sit in bed watch the bird with the maid, and then when the zombies arrive the farther didn't do anything but to take his daughter out of the way to get away, and the maid attacks the zombies so yeah that's what exactly happen so they didn't help like a team but the maid does it all it doesn't kill anyone to help just a bit does it.

Overall

This is a waste of time cheap clay animation that I just watch no words to describe how bad this is I'll give it 0.1/10

MeteorJam's avatar
Jan 31, 2015

This is probably Takena's best animation I have seen so far. The animation is one of the better ones, and this one is relatively long compared to some of his others as well. However, like all of Takena's other animations, it is still bad.

The animation remains a choppy clay animation

The sound effects are pretty meh, but not too bad

The characters have nothing to them. You do not know the reason for their actions, only that they have actions.

The story is mildly entertaining, but relies mainly on shock factor. The purpose is to shock you, that is all there is to it. It was never meant to be a well written story anyways.

Overall it is a 2/10, which is better than what I gave to most of Takena's other animaations.

JAhU's avatar
Jun 23, 2014

Moved from my blog:

Sometimes after watching an anime I'm asking myself one important question:

"WTF did I just watch?"

Chainsaw Maid is one of those anime. Well there is a huge ammount of similar animations floating around the internet (not necessarily Japanese ones), but what makes CM stand apart from those is the insane amount of gore. In case you wonder what I am talking about: Chainsaw Maid is a claymation (stop-motion cartoon done using plasticine) on top of that its a b-movie with zombies, a maid and a chainsaw.

While it deserves recognition for being an attempt to do a b-movie using plasticine, it is extremely gory and it IS very disturbing. When I was watching this short I probably made a face similar to the one the father character had when he saw what was left of the zombies in the final scene. I can't say I enjoyed watching it and unless you want to feel disturbed I recommend staying away from this anime.

Meepyy's avatar
Jan 15, 2012

This short is actually pretty bad.  It is oddly rather amusing for some strange, twisted, reason.

The claymation is choppy (ahha...) but the details in the models are well done.

Overall I am rather impressed with the gore.  The way the blood moved and splattered for a claymation short was rather impressive, at least to me.

The characters personality wise were rather dull.  The father and daughter seemed to just be there for the sake of being there. The maid was really the only character with some development.  Also the father got bitten by a zombie why is he still human?

And let's not forget the obligatory maid-having-an-affair-with-the-dad followed by the, also obligatory, I-am-taking-my-shirt-off-but-wait-there-is-a-knock-at-the-door.

Probably would of given it about a 3 or 4/10 but there is something about a maid wielding a chainsaw that saved it.

This is my first review, sorry if it's not very good...