Bungaku Shoujo: Kyou no Oyatsu ~Hatsukoi~

galacticdude7's avatar By galacticdude7 on Jul 24, 2010

-Story-

The story in this OVA was a simple yet very satisfying story. It explored the greatness of literature and fiction stories, and made it good. The story is about a boy and a girl in the literature club, and the girl has an "appetite" for stories, and the boy delivers the goods. The conversations that they have leave the audience wondering what their relationship is, which is very entertaining. Sometimes the simplest plots are the best.

-Animation-

The animation in Bungaku Shoujo is very good. It takes advantage of the symbolism which is absolutely neccesary in order to tell the story. In a way the art made the story good.

-Characters-

As I have said before the characters have a relationship that is ambigious, which I like. I do think that the girl is slightly wierd with her "appetite" for literature, but that helped to make her an enjoyable character. The boy was also entertaining and enjoyable with his apathetic attitude.

-Overall-

This OVA is a gem in the world of short, one episode OVAs, which usually try a plot that is too ambitious to pull of, but Bungaku Shoujo does not and is quite enjoyable.