Bubuki Buranki

Alt title: BBK/BRNK

Add review
RazielRMA's avatar
Apr 7, 2016

Want proper character development and a good story? Look elsewhere. Characters and plot in this were a joke. Everything was developed by backstory causing the characters and story to feel extremely forced. I stuck it out hoping that it'd turn around because it had alot of potential but in the end I was severely disappointed.

randomredneck's avatar
Mar 29, 2016

Greetings, fellow anime viewers. Making his not at all anticipated return to reviews after nearly 2 years, it's RandomRedneck. Today, your over-opinionated mouth from the South covers a show a little thin on the story, but thick and bulging with complete awesomeness...that came out wrong. Anyway, this is Bubuki/Buranki. Let us begin, shall we?

STORY

As the 5 and my previous comment indicate, story isn't where this show shines. Between some plot about Treasure Island, revenge plots, halting aging and other stuff, it's just kinda there. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either.

ART

Ooh, baby. Redneck likes him some art from this show. Everything is painted in bright, gaudy colors. Some of the weapons look like they fell in a paint mixer, and got permanently stained. Which just makes the kick-ass action scenes, which are many and glorious, even funner to watch. Did I mention this show has giant robot fights? Cause those are awesome too. Like Power Rangers on crack or something.

SOUND

OP and ED are good...what? That's my general consensus on sound. Moving on...

CHARACTERS

A VERY strong point for this show. Both good and bad guys have over the top, memorable rosters. Even Hiiragi, who starts out as Mr. Contrarian Edgelord, becomes fun as the show goes on. The late coming American character Epizo, and Shizuru being the standouts in my opinion. Seriously, Shizuru is awesome.

OVERALL

Awesome. Straight awesome. You will not regret these 12 episodes of cheesy, robot using fun. That is all. Thank you.

Yours truly,
RandomRedneck.

Chinchiruuki's avatar
Dec 9, 2016

Im going straight to the point.

The anime has an original plot, but there are too many pieces mixed together, i mean,

brother and sister ->childhood -> flashback -> actual anime

i would like to see a change

Second - it's only mine problem but, this animation style is fcking awful, i know, not everyone have to think just like me, i understand BUT why brother is a pussy on the start?

i mean, come on, because of his sister(stupid)their's mother died, i would just slap her in the face for beind retarted, not every child has power equal to the god's power

The anime isn't bad in itself, but it has a very big problems - that's what i think.