Brothers Conflict

Larkawolfgirl's avatar By on May 1, 2014

It was not as bad as I thought it would be based off the first episode. The title “Brothers Conflict” is a double entendre. You begin thinking that it means “Brother Conflict” in that the female protagonist Chii has the conflict of picking which brother to date, but surprisingly it actually works more as the brothers conflicting with each other. You think that the show will be all about romance (which obviously it is), but the main theme is actually family.

Here is a list of my main grievances with the show:
Juli (the squirrel)
Their parents
How many brothers there are (and that every one of them is in love with her)
Their house

First let’s start with Juli. Chii can understand him for some reason that is never explained. Later, Louis is also able to understand him, which is also never explained. I don’t even dislike him because of the randomness of his communication, but he also has no real point. He is overprotective of Chii and wants to protect her from the brothers, but he never really stops them and it is just annoying. He attacks them when they are being nice, not when they are actually seducing her. On an even weirder level, Chii falls asleep at one point and dreams that he is a man who says he loves her. They leave it up to you to decide if it really happened. After finishing the show, I have come to believe that Chii is really schizophrenic.

The show begins with Chii’s dad marrying the brothers’ mother, thus she moves in with them. I was shocked that her dad told her to move in with them but did not come himself. Later, they finally get married and the parents are shown. Obviously they had to go on a honeymoon so I was okay with her and the brothers living alone, but the parents never came back! Now they might have said something about the mom living somewhere else for work on the first episode. I am giving it the benefit of the doubt that maybe it did and I missed it. However, my sister thinks they just left them out because they would have gotten in the way, which is still true even if they did explain why they did not live there.

When it started I thought there were 9 brothers and I was upset with how many that was, but then they had to shock me by saying that there were really 13 brothers! That is way too many! It wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t all in love with her too. It is even implied that the littlest brother loves her. In my opinion the littlest brother and the one who crossdresses should have just been girls, or better yet have not even been on the show. In all reality I think the show could have worked with only 7 of the brothers: Azusa, Tsubaki, Natsume, Futo, Subaru, Yusuke, and Kaname (who probably could have been left off as well). Most things revolve around them, so I don’t see why the other brother even needed to exist.

This is my smallest grievance but their house is something like 9 floors (I forget the actual number since they only said it the first episode). They have to use an elevator to go between floors and they all have personal doorbells to their rooms.

So pretty much the main premise is that all the brothers are in love with her and hit on her. She on the other hand just wants a family. She feels like her presence is tearing the family apart. My sister saw the last episode with me and she didn’t like the ending, but I think the ending actually was for the best. It reinforces the notion of family. This show was similar to an otome game-turned-anime except there was more plot and Chii has characterization.

Also on my bubblews http://www.bubblews.com/news/3205552-brothers-conflict-review

ffbfran's avatar By on Oct 14, 2014

Adorable, adorable adorable. The ending, or lack thereof, drove me up the wall but if there is a season 2 on its way I will overlook that (its set up to be an obvious season 2). The only complaint I have is the brothers I liked weren't showcased enough! I have clear favorites and I am upset I didnt seem them enough! That however isnt a reason not to watch it. You might like different borhters than I did lol. Anyway back to the review. Its funny, the story is different than most reverse harems and very very cutesy. Theres a talking squirrel. With a bow. Need i say more on the cutesy point. So the music was adorable and made me happy whenever I heard it. The characters, well there were so many it was easy for them to be diverse and while that made it harder to remember names it also ensured you wouldn't get bored. Overall its a good anime completely worth watching. Enjoy the humor.

Thrawn's avatar By on Oct 13, 2013

Story: I'll admit that I'm not qualified to review this based on story, or "plot", considering that I paid attention to it as much as one would watch dishes dry (No dishwasher), which is to say I sometimes go at it with a cloth and wipe them suckers clean but other times, I just leave it while I go do other shit while keeping an eye on it still. Bad analogy really, but my point is is that it's shit, the story is shit, the characters are shit, the events are shit, the music is actually quite nice, especially when it steps into some jazz, that little brat is shit, that squirrel is shit, generally everything is shit.

I barely paid attention to the plot because it's summed up as: "This girl, she moves into this house, more like a mansion but it's actually a big ass mansion populated with 10-12 guys, all good looking, all more or less different age differing by a year at the beginning of the anime, all related by blood more or less- No, they ARE related by blood because this is Brothers Conflict, refered to as Brocon afterward. It's a fact that they're all bros, related by blood to make them bros and her dad is marrying the mum of all these bros (Source?) and... she moves in."

Basically a girl moving into a house of bros.

Exciting, I know. These guys fill in for a shitton of harem staples: Boy lolita, Glasses, Twins (Probably), good looking guy who looks good as a girl and is thus a crossdresser, tsundere, guy who acts dominating but is actually (Probably) a sweetie inside, Monk who is actually a chivalrous pervert but toned down here because she's a minor and we need some class, idol... ugh. That's not all but if it's a type and it isn't on the scale of douchery a la Diabolik Lovers (One always takes a pot shot when mentioning Diabolik Douches), it's most likely there.

So, premise is cliche or moreso unexciting, guys fit the staples and there's a buttload of them that fit all the tropes of a male harem, it's off to a rocky start but the events afterward are about relationship building because a house of bros will obviously gun for the one dame in the house who interrupted their broship. I'm sure that wasn't a spoiler. The events are what you would expect but with less gratuitous shirtlessness than one would expect of a show called Brocon or a house of bros. I just didn't find it engrossing. Sometimes it's some bros with Chi (Main girl), other times it's a bro and then a bro one can predict pops in to interrupt the bonding, sometimes the bros and Chi do stuff together and la de da de la a big happy family.

Granted there's serious moments and I was a bit intrigued then because the music was good at the dramatic moments. Really does have some good BGM in those times. Half the moments or most of them I don't remember but one in particular stood out not because I couldn't give a crap, but because it was with one of the decent bros. Probably. I don't know.

Alright, long story short, I didn't give a shit. Mostly unexciting and while it has a few jokes here and there, it's simply not that entertaining.

House of Bros, Brocon. That deserves a point.

Animation: The bros look good and they should, they're all models like bros in a harem/otome should look like. Chi looks good, everything looks good but not great. Largely indifferent and a few times looked a bit sloppy. Still largely good.

Music Sound: Apart from the jazzy vibes and a few of the pieces in some dramatic moments, the other BGM was "Eh, I could care less". Skipped the OP but it was neat and almost a guilty pleasure, the EP was actually kinda neat and overall, the music kicked the shit out of the plots. VA, by the end I could imagine some of them in the studio saying their lines. Kinda a woah moment, all Neo but here, still a cut above most of this shit.

Characters: Oh god. Covered half this shit in plots but time for the other half, ripping that ass in two because again, like the plot, I didn't give two shits about these bros or their sis, far less that annoying talking squirrel. I know Chi can hear him so she's tripping out but another guy can hear him and maybe the others so who knows how many of the others are doped up to hear talking squirrels. Maybe only two people can hear him, a mystery, really it is!

References, and you know, I didn't give much of a shit so how could I rate this properly? They all suck, that's the best I can do at this point.

Overall: Holy fucks this was shit. Shitballs bad. Boring, unexciting, lame, uncool, square, crap. I didn't enjoy my time in the house of bros whenever I paid attention and it should have been more on bromance or have the girl turn out to be a guy and then it'd be some shoujo- shounen-ai crap instead of this bullshit harem otome game adaptation crap. And fuck you squirrel, I hate you as much as that damn kid bro.

End note: That dad got busy to have all them kids.

5.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
1.5/10 characters
2.5/10 overall
jinxlandon's avatar By on Oct 20, 2014

Yes its a little wierd to think about, and if youre really opposed to this kind of stuff, then dont watch this. Either way, if youve got an open mind, this show is really awesome. The characters are really cool and amazingly good looking. With 13 main guys, theres bound to be atleast one thatll catch your eye. Some, obviously, arent major characters so they wont appear as much, but youll really like the anime overall. Its different for sure

MidnighPuppet's avatar By on Jun 5, 2014

Brothers Conflict- SPOILERS AHEAD.

Okay, so this anime was good, it had comedy, and cute guy characters. Amazing combo by the way.  (Who couldn't go wrong there?) It needed somee improvement on somw things though in my opinion.

Characters.

• That main character,EmaWhat the hell?  Shes a nice character and all, but her not standing up for herself and just letting everything happen even if she didn't want it to? MAN UP . Or at least do something but stand there!
  • Juli... I found this character really annoying, when he was in his animal form, scratching and attacking all the brothers he didn't like, and getting away with it? Heh. NOPE.

Brothers/Story Plot.

I put these two together, because the brothers basically Are the plot. The anime didn't show the  brothers back story or character build up. What? Like I didn't understand why that is, the back story makes them even more irristable.

• Iori.      He BARELY had ANY SCREENTIME. Iori is actually my favorite and he was shown the least in the anime. Which is really dissapointing, because he's a really good character.
  • Masaomi.      Okay, he had a little screentime, and even a little bit of flirty moments with Ema. But thats all. .-.
  • Natsume.    He's a good character, with a resonable amount of screentime, I liked that surprise of him being a triplet along with Azusa and Tsubaki. And that moment where Ema stayed at his apartment was cute as well.
  • Fuuto.     He is also one of my favorites, he also has resonable amount of screentime, and his straight-foward attitude, and cockyness, with the moments he had with Ema. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing his part.
  • Yusuke.    The brother with the MOST SCREENTIME. I liked his Tsundere attitude and his shyness made him the target for favoritism and teasing. He is a cute character, but some of his screen time should've been shared with other characters.
  • Subaru.     He's a very quiet character, though he is another brother with resonable screentime. There is no back story, other than his love for basketball. And he had some moments with Ema, but there could've been some improvement on this as well.
  • Tsubaki.      Another triplet with A LOT OF SCREENTIME. He is basically in almost every episode, one of the only characters who has a close relationship to Ema as well.
  • Azusa.     The last triplet, with a little less screentime than Tsubaki. He also has a close relationship with Ema, and did have some flirty moments with her. I didn't like that he let Tsubaki control him for the most part. But overall hes a good character.
  • Wataru.     The youngest of the brothers, he also has a resonable amount of screentime. Though, he could've spoken more, and he should've had a little moment with Ema.
  • Louis.     The only Asahina brother who was adopted, and was shown a little bit of back story. It was cute how he could talk to Juli, and was one of the closest to Ema as well. But he should've had more moments with her.
  • Ukyo.    Finally an awkward characterr. (~.~) He has a little screentime, but the exuse for it is his job. Which is undstandable since he is like the mother figure to the family.
  • Kaname.      The playboy brother. He has no back story either, and a little bit of screen time as well. Which should be worked on because he's actaully a great character too.
  • Hikaru.     The cross-dressing brother. Though in episode 7 he shows his "other-side" If you will. He is the brother who will tease the most and he is presented as well, with no back story.

Thattt was a lot... (-.-') But oh well, Over all, Brothers Conflict is a cute anime, one of the few recent reverse harems out there. I reccomend it if your looking to wath romance , with a side of comedy. </div>

8.5/10 animation