Brothers Conflict

ffbfran's avatar By ffbfran on Oct 14, 2014

Adorable, adorable adorable. The ending, or lack thereof, drove me up the wall but if there is a season 2 on its way I will overlook that (its set up to be an obvious season 2). The only complaint I have is the brothers I liked weren't showcased enough! I have clear favorites and I am upset I didnt seem them enough! That however isnt a reason not to watch it. You might like different borhters than I did lol. Anyway back to the review. Its funny, the story is different than most reverse harems and very very cutesy. Theres a talking squirrel. With a bow. Need i say more on the cutesy point. So the music was adorable and made me happy whenever I heard it. The characters, well there were so many it was easy for them to be diverse and while that made it harder to remember names it also ensured you wouldn't get bored. Overall its a good anime completely worth watching. Enjoy the humor.

jinxlandon's avatar By jinxlandon on Oct 20, 2014

Yes its a little wierd to think about, and if youre really opposed to this kind of stuff, then dont watch this. Either way, if youve got an open mind, this show is really awesome. The characters are really cool and amazingly good looking. With 13 main guys, theres bound to be atleast one thatll catch your eye. Some, obviously, arent major characters so they wont appear as much, but youll really like the anime overall. Its different for sure

Thrawn's avatar By Thrawn on Oct 13, 2013

Story: I'll admit that I'm not qualified to review this based on story, or "plot", considering that I paid attention to it as much as one would watch dishes dry (No dishwasher), which is to say I sometimes go at it with a cloth and wipe them suckers clean but other times, I just leave it while I go do other shit while keeping an eye on it still. Bad analogy really, but my point is is that it's shit, the story is shit, the characters are shit, the events are shit, the music is actually quite nice, especially when it steps into some jazz, that little brat is shit, that squirrel is shit, generally everything is shit.

I barely paid attention to the plot because it's summed up as: "This girl, she moves into this house, more like a mansion but it's actually a big ass mansion populated with 10-12 guys, all good looking, all more or less different age differing by a year at the beginning of the anime, all related by blood more or less- No, they ARE related by blood because this is Brothers Conflict, refered to as Brocon afterward. It's a fact that they're all bros, related by blood to make them bros and her dad is marrying the mum of all these bros (Source?) and... she moves in."

Basically a girl moving into a house of bros.

Exciting, I know. These guys fill in for a shitton of harem staples: Boy lolita, Glasses, Twins (Probably), good looking guy who looks good as a girl and is thus a crossdresser, tsundere, guy who acts dominating but is actually (Probably) a sweetie inside, Monk who is actually a chivalrous pervert but toned down here because she's a minor and we need some class, idol... ugh. That's not all but if it's a type and it isn't on the scale of douchery a la Diabolik Lovers (One always takes a pot shot when mentioning Diabolik Douches), it's most likely there.

So, premise is cliche or moreso unexciting, guys fit the staples and there's a buttload of them that fit all the tropes of a male harem, it's off to a rocky start but the events afterward are about relationship building because a house of bros will obviously gun for the one dame in the house who interrupted their broship. I'm sure that wasn't a spoiler. The events are what you would expect but with less gratuitous shirtlessness than one would expect of a show called Brocon or a house of bros. I just didn't find it engrossing. Sometimes it's some bros with Chi (Main girl), other times it's a bro and then a bro one can predict pops in to interrupt the bonding, sometimes the bros and Chi do stuff together and la de da de la a big happy family.

Granted there's serious moments and I was a bit intrigued then because the music was good at the dramatic moments. Really does have some good BGM in those times. Half the moments or most of them I don't remember but one in particular stood out not because I couldn't give a crap, but because it was with one of the decent bros. Probably. I don't know.

Alright, long story short, I didn't give a shit. Mostly unexciting and while it has a few jokes here and there, it's simply not that entertaining.

House of Bros, Brocon. That deserves a point.

Animation: The bros look good and they should, they're all models like bros in a harem/otome should look like. Chi looks good, everything looks good but not great. Largely indifferent and a few times looked a bit sloppy. Still largely good.

Music Sound: Apart from the jazzy vibes and a few of the pieces in some dramatic moments, the other BGM was "Eh, I could care less". Skipped the OP but it was neat and almost a guilty pleasure, the EP was actually kinda neat and overall, the music kicked the shit out of the plots. VA, by the end I could imagine some of them in the studio saying their lines. Kinda a woah moment, all Neo but here, still a cut above most of this shit.

Characters: Oh god. Covered half this shit in plots but time for the other half, ripping that ass in two because again, like the plot, I didn't give two shits about these bros or their sis, far less that annoying talking squirrel. I know Chi can hear him so she's tripping out but another guy can hear him and maybe the others so who knows how many of the others are doped up to hear talking squirrels. Maybe only two people can hear him, a mystery, really it is!

References, and you know, I didn't give much of a shit so how could I rate this properly? They all suck, that's the best I can do at this point.

Overall: Holy fucks this was shit. Shitballs bad. Boring, unexciting, lame, uncool, square, crap. I didn't enjoy my time in the house of bros whenever I paid attention and it should have been more on bromance or have the girl turn out to be a guy and then it'd be some shoujo- shounen-ai crap instead of this bullshit harem otome game adaptation crap. And fuck you squirrel, I hate you as much as that damn kid bro.

End note: That dad got busy to have all them kids.

5.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
1.5/10 characters
2.5/10 overall
LuniaAngel's avatar By LuniaAngel on Apr 20, 2014

I really like this anime it was great fan serive with all the brothers and gave lots of options as to who she could be paired off with. Though like most Harems they didn't say who the girl would end up with but maybe in the season coming out they will? My favorite character had to be the triplets they were so alike and yet different and they each suited her nicely. I didn't much like all the fighting that took place between the siblings but what do you expect when they each like the same girl and want her as theirs?  It was a good anime nevertheless and i'd def recommend it to those who like Uta no Prince-sama and Ouran High School Host Club (the triplets here remind me of Hikaru and Koaru especiall Tsubaki and Azusa).

oh by the way let me be the one to say that the triplets each have a mole that when put together makes a triangle i thought was a lil interesting when i saw it XD

9.5/10 story
Rancel's avatar By Rancel on Apr 17, 2014

This anime is one of my favorite anime. it has a great plot and is very intersting. Also to me the charaters are very well drawn and very handsome. the main girl is very pretty (and also very lucky). so this anime is pretty much about a girl who moves in into a house with 13 boys because her father re-married.