Brothers Conflict

on

It was not as bad as I thought it would be based off the first episode. The title “Brothers Conflict” is a double entendre. You begin thinking that it means “Brother Conflict” in that the female protagonist Chii has the conflict of picking which brother to date, but surprisingly it actually works more as the brothers conflicting with each other. You think that the show will be all about romance (which obviously it is), but the main theme is actually family.

Here is a list of my main grievances with the show:
Juli (the squirrel)
Their parents
How many brothers there are (and that every one of them is in love with her)
Their house

First let’s start with Juli. Chii can understand him for some reason that is never explained. Later, Louis is also able to understand him, which is also never explained. I don’t even dislike him because of the randomness of his communication, but he also has no real point. He is overprotective of Chii and wants to protect her from the brothers, but he never really stops them and it is just annoying. He attacks them when they are being nice, not when they are actually seducing her. On an even weirder level, Chii falls asleep at one point and dreams that he is a man who says he loves her. They leave it up to you to decide if it really happened. After finishing the show, I have come to believe that Chii is really schizophrenic.

The show begins with Chii’s dad marrying the brothers’ mother, thus she moves in with them. I was shocked that her dad told her to move in with them but did not come himself. Later, they finally get married and the parents are shown. Obviously they had to go on a honeymoon so I was okay with her and the brothers living alone, but the parents never came back! Now they might have said something about the mom living somewhere else for work on the first episode. I am giving it the benefit of the doubt that maybe it did and I missed it. However, my sister thinks they just left them out because they would have gotten in the way, which is still true even if they did explain why they did not live there.

When it started I thought there were 9 brothers and I was upset with how many that was, but then they had to shock me by saying that there were really 13 brothers! That is way too many! It wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t all in love with her too. It is even implied that the littlest brother loves her. In my opinion the littlest brother and the one who crossdresses should have just been girls, or better yet have not even been on the show. In all reality I think the show could have worked with only 7 of the brothers: Azusa, Tsubaki, Natsume, Futo, Subaru, Yusuke, and Kaname (who probably could have been left off as well). Most things revolve around them, so I don’t see why the other brother even needed to exist.

This is my smallest grievance but their house is something like 9 floors (I forget the actual number since they only said it the first episode). They have to use an elevator to go between floors and they all have personal doorbells to their rooms.

So pretty much the main premise is that all the brothers are in love with her and hit on her. She on the other hand just wants a family. She feels like her presence is tearing the family apart. My sister saw the last episode with me and she didn’t like the ending, but I think the ending actually was for the best. It reinforces the notion of family. This show was similar to an otome game-turned-anime except there was more plot and Chii has characterization.

Also on my bubblews http://www.bubblews.com/news/3205552-brothers-conflict-review

on

Story: I'll admit that I'm not qualified to review this based on story, or "plot", considering that I paid attention to it as much as one would watch dishes dry (No dishwasher), which is to say I sometimes go at it with a cloth and wipe them suckers clean but other times, I just leave it while I go do other shit while keeping an eye on it still. Bad analogy really, but my point is is that it's shit, the story is shit, the characters are shit, the events are shit, the music is actually quite nice, especially when it steps into some jazz, that little brat is shit, that squirrel is shit, generally everything is shit.

I barely paid attention to the plot because it's summed up as: "This girl, she moves into this house, more like a mansion but it's actually a big ass mansion populated with 10-12 guys, all good looking, all more or less different age differing by a year at the beginning of the anime, all related by blood more or less- No, they ARE related by blood because this is Brothers Conflict, refered to as Brocon afterward. It's a fact that they're all bros, related by blood to make them bros and her dad is marrying the mum of all these bros (Source?) and... she moves in."

Basically a girl moving into a house of bros.

Exciting, I know. These guys fill in for a shitton of harem staples: Boy lolita, Glasses, Twins (Probably), good looking guy who looks good as a girl and is thus a crossdresser, tsundere, guy who acts dominating but is actually (Probably) a sweetie inside, Monk who is actually a chivalrous pervert but toned down here because she's a minor and we need some class, idol... ugh. That's not all but if it's a type and it isn't on the scale of douchery a la Diabolik Lovers (One always takes a pot shot when mentioning Diabolik Douches), it's most likely there.

So, premise is cliche or moreso unexciting, guys fit the staples and there's a buttload of them that fit all the tropes of a male harem, it's off to a rocky start but the events afterward are about relationship building because a house of bros will obviously gun for the one dame in the house who interrupted their broship. I'm sure that wasn't a spoiler. The events are what you would expect but with less gratuitous shirtlessness than one would expect of a show called Brocon or a house of bros. I just didn't find it engrossing. Sometimes it's some bros with Chi (Main girl), other times it's a bro and then a bro one can predict pops in to interrupt the bonding, sometimes the bros and Chi do stuff together and la de da de la a big happy family.

Granted there's serious moments and I was a bit intrigued then because the music was good at the dramatic moments. Really does have some good BGM in those times. Half the moments or most of them I don't remember but one in particular stood out not because I couldn't give a crap, but because it was with one of the decent bros. Probably. I don't know.

Alright, long story short, I didn't give a shit. Mostly unexciting and while it has a few jokes here and there, it's simply not that entertaining.

House of Bros, Brocon. That deserves a point.

Animation: The bros look good and they should, they're all models like bros in a harem/otome should look like. Chi looks good, everything looks good but not great. Largely indifferent and a few times looked a bit sloppy. Still largely good.

Music Sound: Apart from the jazzy vibes and a few of the pieces in some dramatic moments, the other BGM was "Eh, I could care less". Skipped the OP but it was neat and almost a guilty pleasure, the EP was actually kinda neat and overall, the music kicked the shit out of the plots. VA, by the end I could imagine some of them in the studio saying their lines. Kinda a woah moment, all Neo but here, still a cut above most of this shit.

Characters: Oh god. Covered half this shit in plots but time for the other half, ripping that ass in two because again, like the plot, I didn't give two shits about these bros or their sis, far less that annoying talking squirrel. I know Chi can hear him so she's tripping out but another guy can hear him and maybe the others so who knows how many of the others are doped up to hear talking squirrels. Maybe only two people can hear him, a mystery, really it is!

References, and you know, I didn't give much of a shit so how could I rate this properly? They all suck, that's the best I can do at this point.

Overall: Holy fucks this was shit. Shitballs bad. Boring, unexciting, lame, uncool, square, crap. I didn't enjoy my time in the house of bros whenever I paid attention and it should have been more on bromance or have the girl turn out to be a guy and then it'd be some shoujo- shounen-ai crap instead of this bullshit harem otome game adaptation crap. And fuck you squirrel, I hate you as much as that damn kid bro.

End note: That dad got busy to have all them kids.

5.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
1.5/10 characters
2.5/10 overall
on

Adorable, adorable adorable. The ending, or lack thereof, drove me up the wall but if there is a season 2 on its way I will overlook that (its set up to be an obvious season 2). The only complaint I have is the brothers I liked weren't showcased enough! I have clear favorites and I am upset I didnt seem them enough! That however isnt a reason not to watch it. You might like different borhters than I did lol. Anyway back to the review. Its funny, the story is different than most reverse harems and very very cutesy. Theres a talking squirrel. With a bow. Need i say more on the cutesy point. So the music was adorable and made me happy whenever I heard it. The characters, well there were so many it was easy for them to be diverse and while that made it harder to remember names it also ensured you wouldn't get bored. Overall its a good anime completely worth watching. Enjoy the humor.

on

Despite the low rating and bad reviews, I genuinely love this anime. It's not exactly great but it's something that caught my interest that I watched the whole thing in one sitting and end up wanting more.

Basically this story revolves around Ema whose father remarried a woman with 13 sons. The boys live in a condominium type building and with Ema being a part of the big family, has to move in with his step brothers.

With her being the only girl living with 13 boys, conflict arises as what the title (Brother's Conflict) suggests. Each episode highlights a brother or two. It deals with a lot of angles considering there are 13 boys they've got to focus on. Therefore the story is fast paced.

It was like she moved in, they got all excited and starting falling for her one at a time.

If you look at the story through the boys' focal point, it's romance. Yet, for Ema, it's family.

Season 1 just focuses on how each boys interact with Ema and how they each addressed their feelings. A Season 2 is highly demanded (by me) for it was not enough and I needed a closure somehow (like who she ends up with in the future). Seeing that I am not a big fan of reading, I might have to wait for an adaptation.

The plot is just as simple as that. They fell for her and end up fighting for their feelings even if it means they're up against each other (the boys). It's not mind boggling or complex so it's no surprise this is not everyone's cup of tea.

Regardless of this "boring" story line (as what others said), I find it good. I don't have to analyze anything. It's kind of a breath of fresh air, just some form of unwinding, for my brain cells after a tiring day of playing Minecraft. It made me laugh and envious so I'm giving it a perfect 10.

Everyone and I mean everyone is so easy on the eyes. I've watched a lot of series with a bunch of drop dead gorgeous men but they're like no more than 10 in a group. And in this series, there are 12 (yep, the other brother is a kid, so no he's not included), 12 drop dead gorgeous men. Like WOW.

To be honest, I checked this out because of how good looking everyone is. It was a bonus I find the story good.

And now, I will only give comments to the characters I like in this adaptation.

EMA. The lady protagonist who some people find annoying. But you have to agree she is so pretty tho. She has this naiveté in her. She does not know how to react to almost everything her step brother's are doin' (perviness) to her. I understand her tho. She just wants to have a family so bad that I don't believe romance has ever struck her. She loves them alright. She loves them as her family. The boys were officially FAMILY ZONED.

My favorites among the pervs...errr the brothers...

The triplets. AZUSA, TSUBAKI & NATSUME. Hot hot hot. But I ship Natsume and Ema more. There is just something about him that is awesome (or probably I was just mesmerized by his voice...now that i think about it, he does sound like someone i have a crush on in one of the animes i previously watched...hmmmm..) Anywho, as much as I love the identical twins, it's NEMA for me (ofc i made that up). Ahaha.

UKYO. He's one of the elder boys in the family. He's an ideal man for me. I love the look. I love the voice. I love everything about him. He's too good to be true (no kidding). I ship him so hard for myself. Sorry Ema you're too young for him.

LOUIS. Now that I think more about it, Louis is not at all pervy. In fact he's helped Ema more. He's so gentle and not aggressive like his brothers. Though I must say, it might be because he's not really related by blood with the other guys. That explains a lot.

YUSUKE. Considered the dumbest in the bunch (by his brothers ofc) but I still like his energy. There might have been a point were I shipped Ema and him. Too bad he did not up his game. Natsume's still my number one for her.

JULI. The squirrel. It talks. But only Ema and Louis could understand it. Maybe because they are both adopted kids which makes sense and doesn't make sense at the same time. It manifested itself into a human form at some point in the anime but just don't mind it okay? Like don't ask why or how. Just try considering it normal for once. HAHAH

I love this anime and I know I am biased but I am giving it a perfect 10.

But eventho I like it, I won't recommend it to anyone who is not as flexible as I am. I just made this review to express the possibility of some of ya guys liking it too.

Ciao! :)

on

I am somewhat new to reverse harem anime so my opinion in this type of story line is limited in that sense. I actually enjoyed the story and I am curious to know how it ended in the anime. The plot surrounds around Chii (or Emma, as she is also called) when she is welcomed into her new family comprised of 13 brothers who all want her love. The story was very funny and had several laughable and memorable moments as well. I don’t think the theme of the story is original, but it still managed to get my attention and made me want to continue watching until the end. You see the relationship between the main characters grow in various way as the brothers compete with one another for Chiis’ love.

The animation was good. I liked the character’s design and drawing of the settings. The music themes were fun as well, I liked the opening and ending songs very much!

As far the characters go, I can’t say I feel in love with Chii’s personality as I felt that she lacked uniqueness. However, the brothers’ personalities were so great and different at the same time that I very much enjoyed watching them all! I loved the triplets, Louis, and Subaru best. I assume the manga goes into more details regarding each characters past as well but we don’t see much of it in the anime (perhaps there were not enough episodes).

This anime s not serious in any way, I found it to be great to pass the time and have a good laugh. If you are looking for a reverse harem story with a fun component to it to pass the time, this anime may be a good choice for that.