Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru

Alt titles: I Love My Younger Sister

Komirai's avatar By on Jul 7, 2012

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru is I'm in Love with my Little Sister in english and from the title we can already see where this OVA is heading. The story doesn't incorporate many different elements to fully flesh out the story however considering the length of the OVA it is very much understandable.

Story: The story was not your most original however actually incorporating the genre of incestuous relationships is for me a first for anime. The story is basically as you know it, forbidden love that cannot flourish for obvious reasons and the emotional conflict that comes as a result. There isn't much story either rather it conveys the emotional struggle that the siblings experience during their daily lives. The story at first seems to drag along and then suddenly jump start into a really fast pace and then slow down to a slow jogging pace.

Art: The first impression of the art reminds me of a typical shoujo manga as the character's hair seem silky and long, the art of the environment is what really caught my attention as everything seemed rather life like (except the school grounds) but the art was pretty good other than that there really isn't much that makes the art appealing.

Sound: Well the sound wasn't very noticeable only does the OP and ED really stand out, the OP is just instrumentals that convey a relaxed, tranquil mood while the ED is some random rock group that personally I thought had very bad taste in making music.

Character: The characters weren't out of the ordinary rather Iku is just a cheerful young girl while Yori is a frustrated teen that can't seem to calm his emotions. There wasn't really much space for character development as their love interests were already set from the beginning. Basically what character development consisted of was resolving inner conflict and realization of personal feelings.

Overall: Overall the OVA wasn't the best out there but it wasn't the worst, it really brings out the theme that romance isn't always perfect out there, love cannot overcome all obstacles but we can always try our best to maintain it.

Phanime's avatar By on Jul 5, 2012

Boko wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru was very interesting anime. It was something that I enjoyed very much, but at the same time just wanted them to shut the fuck up.

Story: The story could have been more original in all, but I like the base of "brother x sister."

Animation: absoloutly terrible. It seemed the animators had no idea what the fuck they were doing while designing this anime. The whole fucking OVA made me want to smash my laptop because of how terribe the animation was.

Sound: I had nice sound. The only issue, I prefer dub over sub. The voice of Iku made me want to shove my head in an oven. Most annoying voice ever. Otherwise, I had no problem.

Characters: Yori has one mother fucking creepy obsession with Iku. Yori wasn't very well developed and seemed to have other issues that were "off screen" you might say. Iku on the other hand, I absoloutly hated. Worst character development ever. She forced herself to agree with everything that Yori said, leaving her to look like the true idiot she was.

Overall: Overall, the entire thing was tolerable. If you're into that kind of stuff, great. I have no other say in this. So now my rating for this would be a 6.4.

Strangest taboo ever...

May the force be with you...

6.4/10 overall
DavidWP's avatar By on Oct 22, 2011

The taboo topic of incest is quite frequent during anime's, usually though its more a sub ark, this anime takes this topic really seriously and its just a really emotional anime; it does also dwell into the taboo of people not actsepting it. Yosuga No Sora was the sex side of incest, this is the true love side of incest. Video review -

BBFC rating - N/A

My BBFC rating - 18 for an incest theme

Bidooo's avatar By on May 21, 2011

my friend suggests it to me this OVA, i watched it

and it's awesome and i like it

good story :)

and im translated it to Arabic ^^

Alistoru's avatar By on Dec 2, 2010

Now mind you... being a demon I sort of have to support anything that tempts people to the taste of forbidden fruit. Thusly I gave this one a rather undeserved 2 when really it's probably a 1... maybe less.

I'm all for the brother loves sister, (or in much more interesting cases Sister loves Sister;) but really this anime was missing too many things to make it worth while. The characters MIGHT have been more interesting if I knew more about them, how they got where they are, what their hobbies and habits were, or anything that would actually make me give a crap about these two.

The back story on said hero and heroin however is MIA, nothing is mentioned about who their friends are how they met, what tribulations they went though to reach such a close relationship, NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. As a result I couldn't care less about the two main characters and kept hoping that at any moment some large flesh eating bird would swoop down and devour the lot of them! Ahh now that's entertainment.

To top it off there is absolutely nothing special about either of our main brother/sister combo, neither one is a Demon lord, angel, alien, robot, super-powered extra-dimensional being, vampire, werewolf, deity or really ANYTHING that would spice things up, and boredom set in almost right off the bat.

To Galadrel who gave this a 7.8.. too generous my friend, much too generous. Don't call a pile of crap a rose, people might try to smell it.

2.1/10 overall