Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru

Alt titles: I Love My Younger Sister

Galadriel's avatar By Galadriel on Oct 24, 2009

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru (I'm In Love With My Little Sister)

Plot: "Yori Yuki has loved his twin sister ever since he can remember. While his parents brushed it off as a child’s fantasy, he always knew it was true love; but because it is incest, taboo, a forbidden love, he did his best to eliminate those feelings. 15 years have gone by and his feelings never wavered; in fact, they have grown stronger. He’s watched his sister Iku grow up and become a beautiful woman, and now, he can no longer contain his feelings – Yori confesses. Yet even if Iku reciprocates his feelings, that doesn’t change the fact that they’re brother and sister. Can forbidden love last?" (not my work, this is the site synopsis)

Story: In terms of story this anime is kinda weird what i want to point is the unususal love relationship between siblings in this case brother and sister related by blood which for me was how can i say sad, dramatic but on the other hand kinda hard to watch since i place this in the "taboo" section and society views it the same way even today and probably in the future as well. Yori Yuki always had fealings for his younger sister Iku but in order to not cause trouble to his parents he kept his feelings closed inside since he was young. His behaveiour at the begining wasn't such a big surprize for their parents since they were small and it was concidered as only childhood plays and fantasies. But it didnt prove to be so easy because as time passed Iku got older and became a beautiful teanage girl and this thing made for Yori even harder to keep his feelings locked inside. Firstly he tries to act cold with her in order to suppress his feelings and to keep her away from him. But when Iku starts crying because of his behaveiour he couldnt keep the feelings in him anymore and he confessed his love for her which was like a complete shock for her since in front of her there wasn't a school mate or a friend but her own brother. At the begining Iku didn't know what to answer since the shock was too big to put it into words. Yori forcefuly tried to manifest his love towards her until she finally confessed to him as well. Even though for both Yori and Iku, these might've seemed like heaven for a few days, it would've turned into hell later on. Yori concidered that the society as it is will never accept their type of relationship and Iku will suffer as long as he will be around her. More of it, as long as he is around her and vice-versa they will not be able to control their feelings anymore. Yori makes the crucial but wise decision to leave the town, using as a pretext, studying issues. The decision he made had effects on both of them, since he didn't do it only for himself, he did it for Iku as well and especially for her. Well, i advice people that liked this short 2 OVA's to check up the manga since its far better than the anime and it develops even further (read some spoilers that the ending is happy so i guess something will come up and miraculously they are not blood related and they can continue their relationship and live happily ever after bla bla bla). My own opinion now, i do not concider incest a bad thing but nor a good one. I am a person that has something called common sense and definitely a person that made appreciates some life values. But what i do understand is the maze which we name "love". Like i did in the review about Koi Kaze, love is something that can struck at the most unexpected moment, in the most unsuitable place with the wrong person and this short show proved it probably alot better than i could ever explain. But life is a "bitch" (sorry for the expression) you never know what will come up and how will you end up so nothing is impossible, only unpredictable.

Animation and Sound: The animation was well realized here i dont have anything to complain and the character design was excelent.But of course i cannot compare the animation of this anime with the animation from nowadays (after all the production year was 2005). Well i didnt realy paid much atention at sound since i was more interested in how this anime will end (related to story) but i kinda liked the endings and some background sounds were pretty decent.

Characters: This anime kinda lacks of character development.Yori and Iku are kinda well developed but with some holes.There arent so many secondary characters in this anime but the main ones are above average.Also i like how the feelings of the "couple" were shown and described.

Overall: This anime is categorized as "taboo".Stuff like deep love relationship between siblings r concidered nowadays taboo and will be concidered like this also in the near future (dunno if time will change something).Though for me was kinda hard to bear it because my mind isnt ready to accept or to think about this kind of stuff and thats because i dont have siblings so idk how love between siblings is but for sure not like it was in this anime.In other words this was nice and weird :D

~Enjoy and Cya around~

6.5/10 story
9.5/10 animation
7.5/10 sound
7.5/10 characters
7.8/10 overall
Alistoru's avatar By Alistoru on Dec 2, 2010

Now mind you... being a demon I sort of have to support anything that tempts people to the taste of forbidden fruit. Thusly I gave this one a rather undeserved 2 when really it's probably a 1... maybe less.

I'm all for the brother loves sister, (or in much more interesting cases Sister loves Sister;) but really this anime was missing too many things to make it worth while. The characters MIGHT have been more interesting if I knew more about them, how they got where they are, what their hobbies and habits were, or anything that would actually make me give a crap about these two.

The back story on said hero and heroin however is MIA, nothing is mentioned about who their friends are how they met, what tribulations they went though to reach such a close relationship, NOTHING, NADA, ZIP. As a result I couldn't care less about the two main characters and kept hoping that at any moment some large flesh eating bird would swoop down and devour the lot of them! Ahh now that's entertainment.

To top it off there is absolutely nothing special about either of our main brother/sister combo, neither one is a Demon lord, angel, alien, robot, super-powered extra-dimensional being, vampire, werewolf, deity or really ANYTHING that would spice things up, and boredom set in almost right off the bat.

To Galadrel who gave this a 7.8.. too generous my friend, much too generous. Don't call a pile of crap a rose, people might try to smell it.

2.1/10 overall
Omurqi's avatar By Omurqi on Jan 24, 2010

A mix of drama, romance and incest, all within a short 45 minutes. Being as short as this, a touchy theme like this has little time to develop tastefully, which is my main problem with Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru, lack of taste.

The anime tells the story of Yori, a high-school boy with feelings for his sister. As you’d expect from a forbidden-love show that tries to take itself seriously, feelings of guilt and anxiety fill the main character and he tries to find ways to drift away from her. As much as I like this format if it’s done well (like the case in Koi Kaze), it just felt incredibly rushed and reaching in the realms of melodrama in this short adaption of a 10-volume manga series. In the short duration of 45 minutes, the main character goes from self-hatred (which he takes out on his sister) to acceptance, has sex twice (and attempts a third time, horribly) and lacks tact more than a few times.

Despite all this loathing towards the OVA, it’s hardly unwatchable if you don’t have too much of a bias against incest and stupidity. The drama, while not being good by any means, isn’t really bad either, the main character does show care for those around him, and the ending is more-or-less satisfying. It’s hardly something I’d recommend to people (even to fans of forbidden-love shows), but if you were planning to watch it anyway, granted you lower your sense of morality a bit while watching this, don’t let it stop you from doing so.

Oh, and the ending song is the most horribly out-of-place song I’ve heard in a long time. Imagine a quiet, “let-it-sink-in” type of ending, and then press play on the video below.

DavidWP's avatar By DavidWP on Oct 22, 2011

The taboo topic of incest is quite frequent during anime's, usually though its more a sub ark, this anime takes this topic really seriously and its just a really emotional anime; it does also dwell into the taboo of people not actsepting it. Yosuga No Sora was the sex side of incest, this is the true love side of incest. Video review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ParCv6NReE4

Bidooo's avatar By Bidooo on May 21, 2011

my friend suggests it to me this OVA, i watched it

and it's awesome and i like it

good story :)