B-Legend! Battle Bedaman

roriconfan's avatar By roriconfan on Apr 15, 2012

- A series worse than “Geyblade”? Hard to believe… “Believe it!” as Naruto would say. It ran on Greek tv and no one gave it much attention. Pokemon and Yugioh were airing at the same time (very high ratings on those crap) and trust me when I say it looked like super shit compared to other plain shit. Please don't watch more than 3 episodes or your eyes may start bleeding and your stomach may come out of your mouth. It was way over 9000 and even I had no chance up against it. Bedaman sucks! Plain and simple. Most of this text is a slight alteration of my Duel Masters review, another pathetic series with a similar premise. These two titles are the kings of lameness and deserve equal treatment.
- Anime based on some product are made solely to advertise it and start an addiction to its possible consumers (usually nerdy kids with loaded parents). As such, most game –based anime are quite lame, with childish scenario and carton characters being just an excuse to shovel us flashy techniques or strategies of the soon-to-follow game. As if that isn’t enough of a scam, Bedaman fails to do even that. It has a lame scenario, pathetic characters AND terrible advertising of the homonymous game.

ART & SOUND SECTION: 4/10
- Very simply drawn 2D characters are holding little 3D mecha-like marble-throwers. Does this sound interesting to you? It is a terrible concept and starts feeling stupid in only a few minutes. How long can you look at kids throwing marbles at each other before the first yawn kicks in? The animators try desperately to trick us into believing that every marble-thrower has unique techniques that make every battle different (by making the marbles move different). But no matter how much they try, the basis is always the same: 7 year-olds throwing marbles at each other!
- Almost all characters are un-imaginary drawn and end up being boring and negligible. At least Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh had a sense of style and dressed their characters in trendy fashion to boost a bit their shallow presence. But not here. The characters give off a feeling of being a bunch of kits losers.
- As for the sound department, it is simply a bunch of screaming idiots yelling “BUY THIS GAME! IT’S LAME, BUT BUY IT ANYWAY”!

STORY SECTION: 3/10
- The protagonist and almost everyone else in the story plan on becoming the best marble-throwers in the world. So, they pretty much waste their lives throwing marbles at each other and are finally pitted against a powerful organization, which plans to rule the world. How? Why, through marbles of course! Because the mecha-like marble throwers are in fact artifacts from an ancient civilization that held tremendous power! Owwww! Scaryyy!
- Sounds like the story was written for AND by 5 year-olds. Seriously, the much similar Yu-Gi-Oh story is a masterpiece compared to this crap.

CHARACTER SECTION: 2/10
There is a nerdy bunch of kids who care more about marbles, than, let’s say, finding a job or getting laid, and a bunch of costumed weirdos who plan to control the world with marble-throwers. As if marbles are able to defeat tanks and missiles! Boink! This is as far as characters go here. Expect nothing more.

VALUE SECTION: 1/10
Value your money and stay away from this pathetic example of awful anime… AND the game, for the same manner. It is a marble-thrower for God’s sake! If you feel like throwing little spheres at something or someone, do it manually.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 1/10
Go watch Pokemon instead. And imagine that I hate Pokemon.

VERDICT: 2.5 / 10
I used to play with marbles when I was a kid (in a game called Pendovolo). But I was using my index finger; not some lame-looking contraption. It’s twice as fun doing it yourself and it doesn’t need saving the world in a ridiculous way.

SUGGESTION LIST
This series is equally as pathetic as: Duel Masters. A Magic The Gathering bad imitation card game.
This series is worse than: Pokemon, YuGiOh, Beyblade, Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go, Monster Farm. These series also advertise games but they are bearable half the time.

2.5/10 overall