Azumanga Daioh - The Very Short Movie

chihinoke22's avatar By chihinoke22 on Nov 10, 2010

So random!!!!! I just can't help but laugh at any Azumanga Daioh episode or in this case-a very VERY short movie. Story: It's just Osaka having a weird dream about Chiyo chan. To tell you the truth: I have pictured Chiyo's hair falling off before I even watched this movie. The whole dream is Osaka fighting the urge to touch Chiyo's pigtails and when she does...it falls off. Then things get weird. Chiyo's chasing her pigtails to the ends of the earth, but really it's all in Osaka's head and when she wakes up, she finishes the movie with "oh, Chiyo-chan,you got your hair back" everyone just looks at her crazy and the screen says "the end" and Osaka says "and they all lived happily ever after". Characters: It's just Osaka and Chiyo technically, but then you can count Chiyo's pigtails as their own characters too cause they do come to life and begin running around like crazy. Overall: As soon as it finishes, all you'll say is "what the ... just happened?"

thesonicfan21's avatar By thesonicfan21 on Jan 11, 2011

After watching that stupid, crappy, kiddish Azumanga Web Daioh, I was really astounded by this. It follows the series on the high school girls. Chiyo's pigtails have been plucked off. The girls now have to find a way to make everything clear.

Story: The story was really good. Like I said, I love that twist where Osaka accidentally plucks off Chiyo's pigtails and then the high school girls do whatever it takes to make it all better.

Animation: The animation was the best! Better than I thought. Well, it's just kinda like any anime movie would look like. The characters smoothed, the artwork improved, and more of musical piece (music score I mean). It also features new sounds, dialogue and a lot of new twists. Such as Azumanga could have. So the animation was really cutesy.

Sound: The English Dub, especially Chiyo's sobbing was really cute. I also liked the girls' voices. Very cutesy. And if there were any music in there, I'd say it was really bouncy.

Characters: My favorite has been Chiyo-chan after watching this. Since I'm a guy, I used to dislike girls especially happy ones, but Chiyo was just too damn cute and I loved all of the girls' personalities. I liked Osaka too. My least favorite is Sakaki.

Overall: Wow, that was really good. Do yourself a favor and watch this. Or just watch the show first and then this. This should appeal to fans of the show.

8.1/10 story