Asatte no Houkou

Alt titles: Living for the Day After Tomorrow

Otaku108's avatar By Otaku108 on Nov 17, 2009

This review was pulled of the forums from a club I used to run, that is the reason for the different format.

Overall: 5.5

For the most part I found the show enjoyable... it was a, to me, light watch that wasn't too heavy on drama. The ending was sweet but too short and a little anti-climactic.

Story/Plot: 5

Pretty typical story and plot, nothing I hadn't seen before. Nothing that I didn't expect or stood out in my mind. Most everything that happened you weren't surprised by or left going "wtf?". Perfect viewing I guess on a 50+ hr sleep deprivation stretch :P

Character/Char Development: 4

Characters were pretty drab to be honest, when they weren't being completely oblivious to each other they were being completely oblivious with themselves. Things didn't change for the better until the last 2 or 3 episodes where they seemed to come to a group wide realization of "wow I'm an idiot". So the character development pretty much didn't exist until the end of the show and a couple of the characters went kicking and screaming... almost literally.

Sounds/Music: 5

Again, nothing special as far as I can tell... I wasn't paying too much attention to this one though because I don't much listen to the sounds and music from shows of this nature. I guess I can say it didn't annoy me and that was good.

Artwork/Design: 9

The show's one saving grace, I loved the artwork which was very detailed and heavy on the realism and diversity. With so many scenic views they shot it seemed this was the creators main focus of the show half the time and just didn't really pay attention to the rest. In any case I thought it was wonderfully drawn and designed.

5.5/10 overall
Shucurucu's avatar By Shucurucu on Apr 25, 2011

Hermosa historia recomendada para ver en familia, toca muchos temas muy profundos como la muerte de los padres, la adopcion y la cria de un extranho como si fuese parte de la familia y principalmente el deseo de crecer antes de tiempo, creo que es una de las mas lindas historia que ya vi de anime.

Muy Muy Buena!