Animation Runner Kuromi

PandaBeard's avatar By PandaBeard on Jun 12, 2010

Animation runner Karoumi

What would happen if in some alternate universe that a character from the Genshiken Series would graduate from their studies, and with there Otaku sensibility  become the art manager for an anime house. Well then Anime Runner Karoumi is the OVA for you. I really like an anime that gives a behind the looks of the profession of way we watch and live this amazing lifestyle. If I had to give it an American comparison I would have to say it more news radio then the office. I defiantly love he main character Karoumi. After graduating from a prestigious university in Animation, she start work at a little anime studio where she becomes head manager of the latest hit after the last manger quits after an ulcer. If anything her reasoning for her getting in the field is her love for a mock show like Lupin the III and if you stumble upon my site you'll see I'm currently working on a music project based on the man himself. (stupid vein comment). With its silly light hearted style of animation we see our lead character struggle with the day ins and outs of get anime episodes out on schedule. We also see a couple deep moments between its director and Koruomi. Quality of anime is silly and complete Japanese humor. Animation sometimes has a similar style like FLCL.  Soundtrack is horrible. Same song over and over. This is from 2001 so it complete No Doubt ska and I say no thank you to that. Overall it is worth the watch for the more serious Otaku. Not for the beginner. If you grow with anime you will grow to this genre.

<div>

PandaBeard!

</div>

Memitaru's avatar By Memitaru on Oct 7, 2010

An enjoyable story of a young girl working in the anime business. If you enjoy anime this humorous peak behind the scenes is an enjoyable watch. The anime fan's anime. If you are new to anime you probably won't appreciate a good bit of the jokes made throughout but if you are an avid anime fan it is worth some time if you don't already have something lined up to watch.

DuskFey's avatar By DuskFey on Feb 2, 2012

Anime in 200 Words: Animation Runner Kuromi

Premise: A young woman lands her dream job in animation and ends up in charge of everything on her first day. The next episode is almost due, but it’s barely even started. Kuromi must learn the ropes and the quirks of her staff if she’s going to meet the deadline.

Mood: There’s a good share of zany antics in this show, but it has serious moments too. Kuromi is insane at work, but insecure at home. I like the balance.

Animation Process: After watching Animation Runner Kuromi, I actually watched several of the special features as well, and it was really interesting to hear people’s reactions to this film. According to many of the staff members who worked on this project, it’s actually pretty accurate in its portrayal of both the artists and the art form itself. I really enjoyed getting a chance to watch the magic happen, so to speak.

Overall: I like the story in Animation Runner Kuromi because it’s simple and optimistic. It was a nice touch to have Kuromi meet one of the people who inspired her, and it makes her motivations more genuine. It’s a really cute movie.

6.5/10 story