Angelic Layer

Alt titles: Kidou Tenshi Angelic Layer

chihinoke22's avatar By chihinoke22 on Dec 31, 2009

HIKARU! HIKARU! HIKARU! That's what you will be saying once you watch this anime. Hikaru and Misaki are the rookie team of Angelic Layer: Battle Doll and they manage to talk it all the way to the CHAMPION!! Misaki is one of the youngest players in the game and was trained by the youngest player overall.

How did she get started? First of all, the only reason she came to Tokyo was to find her mother, but ends up seeing an 'angel' fight and gets hooked. She buys a whole bunch of 'angel' products and makes her own.

Lenaleexx's avatar By Lenaleexx on Sep 7, 2010

So I just finished Angelic Layer this afternoon between classes after having bought the first DVD at Edward McKay on Sunday afternoon. I have to say, I liked it. I watched it quicker than I have since I watched all of Yu Yu Hakusho in 3 days.

I was a little disappointed that the romantic relationships were not resolved, and that it seemed like Kotaro got with Tomoya, when I think Kotaro should have been with Misaki. Ojiro can have Tomoya. I was also sad that we never found out if Misaki's mother said yes to Iichan or not...

I was excited about it from the first episode, though. I make easy assumptions during the first episode of every anime, so I had assumed that the "White Angel" Athena was in fact Misaki's mother, and that Iichan was her father. Though I wish I knew what happened to her father, I was surprised to find that Iichan was not. I was extremely blind-sided by Misaki's mother's story. It was incredibly creative based on other anime I've seen, and I did not expect it.

Although I can't really see myself watching the anime again, I do not see myself, however, returning the DVD that I bought. Overall, I give it a 4 out of 5.

Metallikat's avatar By Metallikat on Feb 6, 2011

This is a wonderful series I would encourage anyone to watch. It's very exciting and entertaining, as well as makes you wonder what will happen next! The main character is easy to root for and the anime makes you feel like you are right there along with her.

The ending is very touching and uplifting, I really enjoyed this anime, and I think anyone else would also! I definitely recommend this anime.

m0m0's avatar By m0m0 on Jan 29, 2011

Angelic Layer was one of the first animes i watched, and its one of the oldest. The story is good, the characters are fresh and the action is unique!

otakusan41's avatar By otakusan41 on May 28, 2012

I found this to be an interesting concept, but the story had some hangups in my book. I mean it is too obvious that you know whose going to win. It's the standard, feel good, good girl always wins senerio.