Angel Beats!

animelover19's avatar By on Aug 14, 2015

Angel Beats is a very good anime it was very entertaining throughout the whole thing I like that It told a story about teenagers who didn't accept they deaths at first and couldn't pass on in life and let they soul rest in peace but pretty much I recommend that everyone watch this anime

blacksteel722's avatar By on Aug 11, 2015

I love and hate this anime all at the same time. The story is great, all the characters are likable, the music/Sound track to this anime is right up there with my top favorites. The thing I hate about it is how many times this anime made me feel and feel hard. It makes it hard to watch over again. Overall its a great anime and well worth the watch. BE READY TO FEEL.

Epimondas's avatar By on Jun 28, 2015

This one is a bit confusing to get into at least initially.  From the start, you and apparently the main character are lost in this new unreasonable setting that seems far more in line with some weird dream or even a nightmare than any sort of reality.  The very idea of who are good guys and bad guys and motivations for each are also almost as foggy.  Gradually this becomes a bit clearer but still feels murky at times.  It ends on a good note with a rather positive spin despite all the convuloted, misdirective, and muddled attempts to side track you and the lead character.  The story in general is a mix between tragedy, drama, spiritual, morality tales, and a side of music and video game elements thrown in.  After it is all over you might start to wonder about perspectives when considering who viewpoint is correct or incorrect.  If nothing else it might inspire viewers to understand things from other people's perspectives more rather than jumping to immediate and negative conclusions.  At the same time as all that there are aspects of extreme isolation and a lingering sense of control.  In other senses, somethings feel a bit incomplete as only the main characters seem to have an ending story.  Still it is a interesting and pleasant show to watch if you are willing to stay with the show long enough for all the fuzzy sensations to clarify and start to make sense.

Other points to note are that it has pretty strong yet appealing characters, a overall though difficult to comprehend main story at least until you get through a few episodes, and a fairly strong focus on sound and music many other animes do not even pay attention to.

7.5/10 animation
DeusenMoose's avatar By on Jun 9, 2015

This is my first review on Anime Planet, but not my first review. I used to use MyAnimeList until it started to f**k up on me, and wouldn't work. It does that a lot, it's fixed-ish now, but knowing that site, it will probably happen again. It's not actually my PC, it is literally the site. Now I absolutely loved this anime, the storyline was great animation, yeah stuff like dat, screw dis shit lets go to weview.

Story: 8/10

The story is that a bunch of people that died in a previous world, a.k.a Earth, come to a different place called AFTERLIFE. Spooky stuff, which you should already know what the 'afterlife' is. Anyway, they have to not pay attention to anything or whatever, or they'll disappear. They can't lead a normal lifestyle in the afterlife, which means attending classes and actually doing things. I'm not very good at descriptionising things, and I don't even know if that is a word, so I'll just move on.

Animation: 10/10

The animation is perfect for me. It could not get any better. I'm also one of those people, where I don't really give two flying shits about the animation of the anime I'm watching, just as long as the storyline is good. I'd watch something probably from the 1980s if the storyline was good.

Sound: 9/10

The opening theme, and everything else to do with sound, is probably amazing. There's just some scenes where the music that was playing didn't quite go with the things that were going on. Or I was just high on crack. I don't know. The soundtrack is amazing, for some reason the opening is sung by someone different in Episode 4, LiSA, which you may of heard of her, but yeah, it's sung by her in episode 4 for some reason.

Characters: 10/10

The characters are the reason I kept watching the show. The characters were so amazing, I couldn't stop watching. They're pretty funny, too. When they want to be. If they don't want to be funny, I don't know, they'll do something. But, anyway this is my first review... on this site, and I'm not really the greatest at making them. But, I thought I'd just do this once, and keep making reviews and not giving a crap about what the audience thinks... wait, that's not right. It's the opposite. I'm supposed to give the audience on what I think about it and if you should watch it... MOVING ON.

Overall: 10/10

Do I recommend this anime? The answer is YES. I do recommend this for fans of supernatural and nobody can die, well... they can, but if they get stabbed, or chopped apart, they'll still come back to life. I mean, it may be painful, but they'll come back. I really liked this, the OVA is really fucking funny which is probably what I'll review next.

MaddRose51's avatar By on Jun 1, 2015

The story focuses on a teen a named Otonashi with no memories of hi past, has been dropped in the middle of a school yard, that happens to be pergatory! He is confronted by the leader of the SSS an group of fellow dead teens whose objective is to defeat a seemingly innocent little girl named Angel in order to see the big man him self. Otonashi has to deal with the amnesia and the stress of disappearing.

The story was exceptional giving a unique look into pergatory. There were a few bumps in the road but nothing to huge. These 'bumps' would often get paved over with something bigger and better later on. Even though being in a form of pergatory you'd think this would be dark and drear, but with the vivid colors and cometic releif it was almost easy to forget the seriousness of the situation. And the situations that were supposed to be serious were executed perfectly.The back stories of each individual character was a sight for sore eyes. The past few animes that I've watched gives the side characters little to no attention, they just served as instegators. Each character had their own unique flare making them very memorable. The last thing I want to mention is probably my favorite part of this anime. The soundtrack was phenomenal. The music really set the mood and was fun to listen to by itself. The opener is one of my favorites ever. I think if you are new to anime and want to watch something that is a little funny, and give you a taste of how emotional (I admit I cried a little at the end) and anime can be. I recommend this to all of the people I meet who are new to anime.