Angel Beats!

33333ducky's avatar By on May 14, 2016

I enjoyed watching Angel Beats quite a bit. The art was just wonderful and the intro I just loved.

The comedy in it was great to. I loved how it can be comedic and yet sad all in the same episode. And all the characters were enjoyable to.

Their was just one BIG problem to me. It felt WAY too rushed for my taste. This anime feels like it could be double the lenght then what it is. Their was so much more that could be explained. It felt kinda left hanging, like their could be a season two.

Over all though it was still a good anime and I find it worth watching :)

Theotakusyko's avatar By on May 7, 2016

This is my first ever review so hope you like it. Spoiler Free review

I bought Angel Beats! on DVD back in March 2016 and in April 2016 I decided to watch it so I did.

My Thoughts.

Angel Beats is a beautifully written and orignal work anime made by P.A Works who are a rather good, above average studio for the anime industry who did Another, Charlotte and Nagi no Asakura etc. The creator himself is Jun Maeda which I thought did incredibly well on this series and in my opinion one of the better Mainstream out there. I quite like the Original Work idea though as I loved Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, one of my other favourite animes of all time. This is also may look like a work from Kyoto Aniamtion but If it was it would still be my one of my all time favourites. (Even if I despise I would only watch about 2-3 shows so thats it.)

Angel Beats has a really well written story and I found intresting it kept me for watching about 4-5 episodes a day considering how short the anime was and has a good setting to it, it does work out a little bit like Sword Art Online but it differs and Nobody dies in the afterlife except if your lingering emotions go you dissapear. (If i'm correct.)

I have heard this is a sad story and you will have tears but they say that "One does not simply skip Angel Beats without tears." Well I actually never had tears for the anime but felt sad and sorry for the characters which I watched a movie recently called Grave of the Fireflies never shed a tear to it but it was a depressing and sad anime movie aswell but not as much as Angel Beats they have different settings Angel Beats has a afterlife setting where they are in Highschool but not your typical everyday Highschool setting anime like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou etc. Angel Beats did rather have a better setting then any average Highschool Anime though I have seen so far and could always well be for my anime experinces.

This does have some comedy in it and it is also a drama series aswell its the anime that brought most emotions out of me for any anime so far. I'm not even going to watch Clannad not because I will cry to be honest I have never cried in an anime or a movie possibly. I laughed alot in Angel Beats aswell the cast of the characters in the series were awesome especially Otonashi (One of my best anime Protagonists.) Yuri (Favourite female in the series) Hinata (Awesome character which has alot of attention and great person to relate to.) Angel aka Kanadae. (Bit of a bland character but a really great character aswell.) Had some pretty great character and realtionship development in this, Not much depth or anything like that due to the length,which I think could've been atleast 25 episodes. (It was more relationship development then character develoment) It also has some great yet sad backstories, Has a few flashbacks which occur in the series. Pacing was also great in this aswell and tryed to wrap up the series a better way for a 13 episode anime which it did well at but ended on a cliffhanger you will understand why If you have watched Angel Beats.

I was impressed with the animations and loved the songs in it aswell and the Opening is one of the best openings of anime to my taste and the English dub was nice aswell. I'm going to check more of P.A Works titles out soon.

I don't think I even got bored of this for a second of this show to be honest but did get a little repititive but redeemed itself through the story.

Had a great start and a sad ending to the series but damn I wanted more Angel Beats. My only complaint to the anime is its amount of episodes but overall I loved this anime for what it is and it was a turly amazing anime series to watch and one of the better Mainstream anime out there in my opinion that I have seen so far and was dissapointed and bored of the other ones Like Bleach, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist (Only the first one so far.), Death Note, Akame Ga Kill!, Soul Eater and Tokyo Ghoul (Least one I was bored would be Death Note and Soul Eater but theres a few more shows that Angel Beats tops over Like One Punch Man. I highly recommend the series.

Hope you enjoyed this review and I will do more of these soon.

bobafett94's avatar By on Feb 11, 2016

When you see Angel beats if you have no idea of what you whatch it's really strange for the first apperance.

But, The story put you in  the action faster then I was thinking for a drama.

The animation is amazing there are 3D in it it's fluent nothing to say about it for a 2000 decay serie.

The music is pretty well it's fits with the embiance.and the opening and ending have something new to show when you pay attention when you see some episode.

For characters they are more then basic but for the short serie they don't have time to show all the background of all the characters in it.

Overall it's a 8.5 If you want a drama and a short serie this anime is fits for you I recommend it.

AlwaysAlvin's avatar By on Feb 2, 2016

Spoilers alert 😊

After watching Angel Beats, it was very depressing. Depressing aF. But i love it. Depressing anime is the best anyway. The story was great and the plot was awesome and the charcter design too. But the animation was not very good if compared with animation nowadays. But it did a very great job for considered its relased time. The music was awesome too! Especially the song that made me cry every time i hear it, My Precious Treasure. And Hana Kanazawa cast as Angel, Tachibana Kanade is a really awesome and amazing choice! Thats all for now! 😊

8.6/10 story
7.8/10 characters
7.6/10 overall
FlyingMintUnicorn's avatar By on Jan 20, 2016

I really loved this anime. Everyone I know who watches anime recommended this to me and I watched it. It was let down a little bit but the plot was amazing and the characters were all unique and they each had their own personalities. I wished the animation was better quality but other than that this anime is a must-watch for anyone knew to anime!