Angel Beats!

ChristianeA's avatar
Feb 21, 2017

Angel Beats

Christiane Amare

This anime is great. I will put this shortly because this is one anime that will throw you under the bus. See while you watch it you will observe that the art is wonderful and bright. The colors are pleasing and sit will with the characters. The characters themselves are extremely unique and are original and wonderful to watch interact. (opposed to angel who is quite boring and unoriginal). The plot itself is extremely interesting because it is one that you don't normally come across. It feels like a game (probably is one) and is one that you anticipate the whole way through.

Now let's talk about why I don't like this. The ending. Simply put — it not only doesn't make no sense at all and lacks consistency, it's angering, and numerous friends of mine have been annoyed at the transition. It's weird because you keep thinking how perfect it is until it isn't. By all means I would watch it all over again....except for the last episode.

But I recommend it because it is actually wonderful, and you WILL enjoy it...just watch out.

3.5/10 story
Alquds98's avatar
Aug 4, 2016

I did not expect to like Angel Beats but I did so basically story revolves around a sort of place between heaven and earth where kids who died filled with regret or sorrow end up and the only way to "pass on" is to accept your past live and feel no regret. The story is basic but thats cool but the real beauty shines with the comedic nature of the show and its ability to include sad touching moments. Plus there is a hole slew of interesting colorful characters each with a distinct personality. I only watch dubbed anime and I must say this shows dub is good so is the animation. Overall is a good anime and its short to boot you can watch it over the course of a couple of hours.

Kingofthekickasses's avatar
Jul 31, 2016

I really loved this anime for the story, character devolopment and the little bit of fighting it had in between. The story starts in when a boy dies after saving a lot of people and gets sent of the world inbetween the living and heaven. Everyone should get the chance to watch this sometime in their life to look back and think "Have i fulfilled everything i wanted to do?". I don't want to spoil anything else so i'm stopping the review with (The ending destroyed me).

9.6/10 overall
coleworld53's avatar
Jul 12, 2016

Excellent story line with the best sound track of any anime

Bloomster's avatar
Jul 12, 2016

My anime reviews are always simple, short and straight-forward and is 100% spoilers-free.

Genres: Action, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

Additional Info: Be sure you have tons of tissues besides you. This anime will drop an atomic bomb of feels to you.

Ending Rating: 95%

Short Review:

One word, "Masterpiece". This anime will show you all of lifes beautiful and ugly sides and unbreakable bonds of friendship. Angel Beats will surely beat you down to the ground like a pulp till you say "No More!". Be ready to jerk your tears!