Amnesia

on

Although the premise of the story was quite interesting (a girl being in an accident, losing her memory and then entering alternate worlds), there was little or no explanation as to why she is always waking up on August 1st in a different world. The chronology is pretty confusing, and the ending HIGHLY disappointing.

I actually really liked the animation. I loved the dual eye colours, which made the character's appearances a lot more unique. The colours used also seemed quite different to other animes that I've watched.

Sound:

The sound was okay. Nothing to go crazy about, but nothing to moan about either.

It won't let me write 0, but believe me, it's 0. The main character is so frustrating I just want to grab her and shake her! She barely says a word other than 'yes', and always in a half-audible whisper. In some of the alternate worlds, she is physically threatened by the male characters, and yet never attempts to defend herself or fight back. I mean, *SPOILER ALERT* Toma locks her in a cage and then barges into her house to apologise after she's managed to run away (only, might I add, on the suggestion of Orion, despite it clearly not being locked! what was she going to do, just sit there and patiently wait until he got back?!) and she just tells him that it's okay because he obviously only did it because he cares about her?! Whatever your name is, it isn't okay to lock girls in cages. *SPOILER OVER* Anyway, aside from that, there was no character development due to the characters personalities being different in every episdode as a result of the alternate worlds thing, so you couldn't really develop any sort of connection with any of the characters about from the heroine (and you don't want to do that, I'm telling you).

Overall
Overall, I really wouldn't recommend watching it. I watched the whole thing in the hope that there would be some mad twist and it would all make sense or suddenly become exciting, but it just didn't happen.

1.4/10 overall
on

Amnesia was a really intriguing anime. The story was interesting, but oddly paced so it's easy to tell it was from a game. I still enjoyed the "transferring worlds" gimmick every episode. I would of given this a higher rating if it wasn't for the ending... Too many unnecessary events take place that really de-railed the plot. I think if they tried to pull a second season, they could of added more to it, but I don't think that was a possibility.

The main heroine was annoying to me, as most female protagonists are in otome games to me. She was just too quiet for me to even care about. I know that she is technically supposed to be "you" as you watch the story unfold, but I think she could of had at least a shred of personality development. I still enjoyed the anime, and I do suggest it if you like romance/otome animes.

***On an added note, I really loved the dual colored eye patterns the characters had. It added real uniqueness to the art.

on

The reason I gave the story a 6 is because the plot basically repeats itself while adding twists to each of the guys, which becomes very annoying after the 2nd guy. The animation design in this is amazing the details are fabulous ! I wish there was more substance to the story.

on

Basing from an otome game, I'd have to say this series was pretty good. It was a light hearted series that, for me, gave enough time (episode, whatever) for each guy to woo the girl. When I started the series, I wasn't expecting much of a plotline due to it being from a dating sim (come on, we watched it for the BISHIES), but surprisingly, the ending tied the several small arcs quite nicely.

Story 8/10

I love shoujo. And Amnesia, regardless of the misleading title, is ACTUALLY A SHOUJO REVERSE HAREM anime. with this said, complex plotlines are not the central theme here, although there's a bit of mystery here and there to throw fans off the loop. it tackles on the heroine's relationship with each boy, with a mini arc for each one before she goes on to another guy.

I was really impressed how the anime chose a different theme for each guy's arc, to prevent repetitive story lines with the protagonist. i liken the episodes as a whole as an inverted pyramid-- beginning with the tsundere boy with the sweet gooey mushy love love love to the kind of obsessive love of a childhood friend.

i also loved the minute flashbacks the girl kept having of her forgotten memories. so even when we're watching the the romance at play, the mystery keeps hinting at the back, waiting to be finally revealed.

did i ever tell you i was pleased with the ending? yeah, i'm heck well PLEASED!

Animation 9/10

i gave this anime a big score due to the fact that the characters were splendidly done, especially the bishounen! although their eyes got me confused at first, with the whole one color on top of the other, as the series progressed... it became endearing. sort of one of those little quirks that make this anime different form the others.

also, did i mention the clothes? it was sort of like vintage meets cards sort of thing, which really made the characters pop out.

Sound 8/10

the OP was amazing. and the background music where the climax scenes were on added that little bit of magic that made me fall in love with the characters more. it was a nice touch, although i did not care much for the ending theme.

Characters 6/10

i rated a bit low on the characters since the character development of the protagonist was... stagnant. yeah, so if you're looking for romance with a heroine a bit more, uhm, intense, this probably isn't for you. the heroine is essentially weak, although her weakness is masked by the bishounens' ability to divert the watchers attention to their story. Romance is more of an established relationship with the guys (sort of) ANYWAY! the plot made up for it, though. and the characters are likeable enough to be a decent reverse harem.

Overall: 7.8/10

i recommend this anime if you're looking for a light hearted, reverse harem anime without the complexities typically found in seinen and josie (also shounen) anime. this is an anime that you could easily pass time through, and each arc is not so long that one can get bored in.

i <3 Ukyou.

7.8/10 overall
on

I'm Dutch so there will be spelling errors. If you find them annoying give me a shout and I'll try to fix them.

Oh, I will try to keep spoilers to a minimum but there will be some. Usually the worse I rate an anime the more spoilers this will contain. You have been warned

So, you have probably already read what the animation is about in the discription given by Anime-Planet, which is the same as on the box. I will therefore try not go into the story that much unless I'm ranting about something (spoilers).

ART: Generally just fine but..... The eyes. Oh my God the eyes. They are these multicoloured monstrosities that look wrong in every sense of the word. The bottom halve would be one colour (or coloured rings) while the top halve would be one colour. Not all characters have this but those that do scare the crap out of me. Orion has eyes where the bottom consists of green halve circles while the top part of his eyes are wine red.

SOUND: Horrible, just horrible. The music is bland but servisable but the voice acting of the Heroine is this monotone dribble that you at no point care for her. There is simply nothing for you to latch on too. Well she does do surprise well but since that is pretty much everything she does you can sort of guess where this goes. Yep, nowhere.

CHARACTERS: Eh..... Are there even characters in this piece of crap? There are people with names who do stuff but you could replace most of them with pieces of wood and you wouldn't really notice the difference.

STORY: Normally I would not do this, post a review of something that I'm still watching. Consider this a first in that regard than. It takes a special anime to completely piss me off in a single episode but this one managed to do it with ease.

Opening scene has our Heroine waking up (yep, she is given no name untill a bit later and she is named such on the box so fuck it. Clint Eastwood made the no name character great so glad that there are writers out there willing and able to piss over such an awesome character). First thing she does is look at the date, August 4th. Why? Don't worry, it becomes clear why at the end of the second episode. Think Groundhog Day and you get the drift.

Anyway, the Heroine has lost her memories and is completely lost. Fortunately there is an annoying character tha only she can see called Orion (on my DVD box he is called Olion) who is the cause of her amnesia (<-- hey, the title of the anime!).

Fortunately he is full of good advice such as.... Do not go the hospital. Don't tell anyone that you have lost your memories. Spend time with the people that she knows so that this will trigger her memories from returning.

Ah, yes.... A true fountain of wisdom. Spend time with the people who know you the best but don't tell them that you have lost your memories. That should work for about 2 seconds. Instead why not start telling them and mention that the more they tell her the quicker she will regain her memories. That reduce the running time to say.... 30 minutes?

The Heroine is simply amazing and you should feel the same way as me when listening to her awesome conversational skills. Who can forget such lines as: ...What? or ....Eh? or ....Uhm and let us not forget the all saying *gasp*. Yeah, she does surprise very well and has a way with words to match.

Since we are dealing with Groundhog Day you have the Heroine going through the same thing again and again. Every time she remembers something she only remembers part of it though. Just enough to screw things over. Example of the first part is this: She remembers a guy she knows talking about killing a man. She them freaks out, thinking that he will kill her next or something, and runs off blindly and does a lemming dive off a cliff. But wait! She only remembered part of the story as it wasn't him that killed a man but his father instead.

I only had the box to go on when I decided to get this series so I had no idea what I was getting into. Then the opening credits started rolling and the guy candy started appearing. That was the first clue I got that I was royally screwed. Here is a pro tip by the way. In both harem and anti harem anime the first character the protagonist meets is their love interest. He or she is always the biggest asshole or bitch of the group and this makes them the perfect match.

Not a fan.

EDIT: Well, it is one rage filled day later but I managed to go through all 12 episodes. How I did this without starting a killing spree? Simple, just pop in the DVD, press play and do ANYTHING else but watch this piece of crap. In my case it was watching clips on Youtube. Occasionally I would glance to the TV to see what stupid crap was going on now and I found myself missing very little of the .... 'plot'

I was close with Groundhog Day but where there the same day keeps repeating here our heroine instead is moved to a different reality. So you get to meet the same people over and over again but with very slight differences. The differences are basically the boyfriend of the day variety. In each world the Heroine has one of the other pretty boys as her love interest. Of course she has no clue about this untill the guy kisses her which allows her to do what she does so very well: Act surprised.

Did I mention that every single guy in the anime is completely insane? I'm talking future serial killer here. Most fun to be had was with a blond asshole called Toma who was simply amazing. Noticing how she was stalked by some crazy bitches for.... reasons (to long to into here) he devises a plan to keep her save.

What is the plan? Drug her and keep her trapped in his appartment (yes, I am very serious). When that plan starts to unravel he steps up his game and installs an actual cage with thick metal bars. Holy fuck, where did he even get that from? Did he have it ready in storage just for an occasion such as this?

But wait.... Aw, he does it to protect her and in this world he is her love interest so of course the right thing to do is to forgive him and declare her love. And she does.

Seriously the stupid just never ends. I have a hentai that is basically this one dude capturing a bunch of girls and raping them for 45 minutes and that piece of crap actually made more sense than this! How do you do that! I didn't think that anything could be worse than that garbage and here is this who manages it. I....I....I have no words to describe it.

Please do me a favor, do not spend any mony on this. Not a single cent but.... You really need to watch at least part of it to believe it. Go find it on Youtube and watch a episode. Do NOT make a drinking game out of it though as you will not survive.