Amnesia

Elfieeva's avatar By on Nov 15, 2014

Although the premise of the story was quite interesting (a girl being in an accident, losing her memory and then entering alternate worlds), there was little or no explanation as to why she is always waking up on August 1st in a different world. The chronology is pretty confusing, and the ending HIGHLY disappointing.

I actually really liked the animation. I loved the dual eye colours, which made the character's appearances a lot more unique. The colours used also seemed quite different to other animes that I've watched.

Sound:

The sound was okay. Nothing to go crazy about, but nothing to moan about either.

It won't let me write 0, but believe me, it's 0. The main character is so frustrating I just want to grab her and shake her! She barely says a word other than 'yes', and always in a half-audible whisper. In some of the alternate worlds, she is physically threatened by the male characters, and yet never attempts to defend herself or fight back. I mean, *SPOILER ALERT* Toma locks her in a cage and then barges into her house to apologise after she's managed to run away (only, might I add, on the suggestion of Orion, despite it clearly not being locked! what was she going to do, just sit there and patiently wait until he got back?!) and she just tells him that it's okay because he obviously only did it because he cares about her?! Whatever your name is, it isn't okay to lock girls in cages. *SPOILER OVER* Anyway, aside from that, there was no character development due to the characters personalities being different in every episdode as a result of the alternate worlds thing, so you couldn't really develop any sort of connection with any of the characters about from the heroine (and you don't want to do that, I'm telling you).

Overall
Overall, I really wouldn't recommend watching it. I watched the whole thing in the hope that there would be some mad twist and it would all make sense or suddenly become exciting, but it just didn't happen.

1.4/10 overall
Tellthebizz's avatar By on Aug 12, 2014

The reason I gave the story a 6 is because the plot basically repeats itself while adding twists to each of the guys, which becomes very annoying after the 2nd guy. The animation design in this is amazing the details are fabulous ! I wish there was more substance to the story.

Seority's avatar By on Apr 4, 2013

Amnesia was a really intriguing anime. The story was interesting, but oddly paced so it's easy to tell it was from a game. I still enjoyed the "transferring worlds" gimmick every episode. I would of given this a higher rating if it wasn't for the ending... Too many unnecessary events take place that really de-railed the plot. I think if they tried to pull a second season, they could of added more to it, but I don't think that was a possibility.

The main heroine was annoying to me, as most female protagonists are in otome games to me. She was just too quiet for me to even care about. I know that she is technically supposed to be "you" as you watch the story unfold, but I think she could of had at least a shred of personality development. I still enjoyed the anime, and I do suggest it if you like romance/otome animes.

***On an added note, I really loved the dual colored eye patterns the characters had. It added real uniqueness to the art.

randoogle's avatar By on Oct 26, 2014

This one had so much potential. I generally like stories involving amnesia, so the beginning was intriguing; but then it just fizzled into a sort of lame "which one do I love more" thing that you never really feel like you care about. I dont' even really remember how it ended, which I guess is appropriate...

what was I just about to do? Why am I in the kitchen? Oh well, time to look in the fridge.

DeceivingAngel's avatar By on May 23, 2015

I was actually okay with the sort of story it was telling, but it eventually got boring. It's also really confusing to follow along with. I was just confused most of the time on what was going on.

I personally liked the animation in this anime, especially the dual colored eyes.

It's just average, it's not boring but it's also nothing exciting.

I honestly hate how the characters were displayed. The guys all seemed to be pretty rude and mean to the Heroine, but that's just me. I just didn't like how you were not able to get to know any of them, which ended up making this show pretty boring.

Overall

This show did not keep my interest and I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

2.5/10 overall