Aiura

MjIsMaster's avatar By MjIsMaster on Aug 5, 2014

The Verdict of "Aiura":

Story: (N/A)

Animation: The style itself isn't all that special, but regardless it's clean and well done when you get down to it.

Sound: The music itself wasn't all that memorizable, but I do recall that it was quite nice to listen to.

Characters: All characters were enjoyable. Not exactly the kind that you'd go all over for, but enough for you to understand them.

Enjoyment: Despite being a show that doesn't seem to have much content to survive reruns, it definatly isn't bad as it stands.

Overall: It's a decent, calm, and relaxing show you can watch for more than half an hour. If you favor shows that are more easy-going with some light comedy, I think that this show can meet that expectation.

7.5/10 animation
6.5/10 sound
Mayobe's avatar By Mayobe on Apr 24, 2013

While Aiura is fairly charming and has a catchy OP, it simply fails to deliver anything of substance. The OP and ED consume one minute each and the total length of each episode - including those - is four minutes. The humor often falls flat, the characters are amusing but left woefully undeveloped.

I really feel like someone is being betrayed by this anime. It may be that the writers were betrayed by a studio that simply refuses to put in effort. It may be that the producers were betrayed by investors and can't afford to make an actual show.

The real problem - and the reason I'm dropping Aiura after episode 3 - is that I really think that the one being betrayed here is the viewer. No show should spend 50% of its time on OP/ED and consider itself worthy of being aired. Aiura may have made the cut and been a mediocre slice-of-life if it had full-length episodes, but as it is it's simply a shameful black mark on reputation of the industry at large.

How wasteful.

Kyuuchan00's avatar By Kyuuchan00 on Jul 13, 2013

So on a Anime website the synopsis is:

The story centers around Amaya, Iwasawa, and Uehara—three "annoying, spirited high school girls with zero motivation"—and their classmates. Their daily life is "what happens when there is nothing happening."

Did you see the last sentence?

Their daily life is "what happens when there is nothing happening."

And this is true.

Normally when you watch school anime's, you expect something "extraordinary" to happen, may it be something super funny, a badass battle or a massacre and for each episode to be atleast max. 29minutes.

But Aiura is different...each episode goes 4minutes long, it has a full-on for me rather annoying OP and the storyline based on these girls is rather flat..there is nothing exciting happening in their life which takes us back to the upper sentence:

Their daily life is "what happens when there is nothing happening."

The Animation on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous! It's soft, colorful, bright and light like a moving artwork. I totally adored this stlye.

The sound is good too - soft - matching the anime.

And the characters...I'd like to view them individually:

Kanaka Amaya is a very energetic girl, she maybe be cute in some way but because she is so loud and never stops talking I thought that she is quite the annoying type.

Saki Iwasawa reminds me more of the unmotivated, tomboy character. She seems to be the mature one of the trio, she can't careless about most things, loves to sleep and she is rough. I like Saki she's really amusing

So pretty much every anime has a character that's cute and in this case it is Ayuko Uehara. Her overall look reminded me a bit of K-On! yet she is her own personality.
She is the softest one of all and quite..I don't know..she's the angel of the three girls and just cute - if you watch Aiura you will know what I mean.

Overall I still give this Anime a 3 out of 10.

There's just nothing exciting happening through out the anime and it didn't get that amusing for me till I reached episode 8 and on.

I'm not going to say if Aiura is a "must watch" or a "don't watch"

I'll stick to - you can watch it if you like though keep in mind that there is nothing big to expect.

It's a cute little anime in someway but that's about it.

Pakuda's avatar By Pakuda on Aug 28, 2013

I'm not even going to grace this show with a thought provoking review. It's just soooooo bad! so bad in fact, that I'm actually writting a "review" to make me feel better for having watched all of it. I mean, fuck.... TEEKYUU WAS BETTER THAN THIS SHIT, AND TEEKYUU FUCKIKNG SUCKS!!!! Whoever made this show is a fucking asshole. Fuck him! GOD DAMMIT!!!

xAluKardx's avatar By xAluKardx on Sep 20, 2013

Virtually no story and absolutely no action.

Simple, but cute and very bright characters.

Absolutely astonishing animation (fell in love with it within the first 10 seconds of the first episode (opening excluded)).

I know I am just a little bit weird, but I really enjoyed this series. Charming little episodes of cute nothingness that does not seem to repeat iself, flavored with some magnificent artwork and animation. Loved it, simple and straightforward.

Of course, to be completely fair I should say that half-an-episode openings are a bit irritating, that the series would not stand a chance in the normal 24-min format, and many other things. However, Aiura is not about that at all. Rather, it is about that warm cozy feeling that stays with you after every other episode.

It is a good representative of "what happens, when nothing happens" genre. And it happens so that I love it. Hence the overall score.