Aiura

MjIsMaster's avatar By on Aug 5, 2014

The Verdict of "Aiura":

Story: (N/A)

Animation: The style itself isn't all that special, but regardless it's clean and well done when you get down to it.

Sound: The music itself wasn't all that memorizable, but I do recall that it was quite nice to listen to.

Characters: All characters were enjoyable. Not exactly the kind that you'd go all over for, but enough for you to understand them.

Enjoyment: Despite being a show that doesn't seem to have much content to survive reruns, it definatly isn't bad as it stands.

Overall: It's a decent, calm, and relaxing show you can watch for more than half an hour. If you favor shows that are more easy-going with some light comedy, I think that this show can meet that expectation.

7.5/10 animation
6.5/10 sound
xAluKardx's avatar By on Sep 20, 2013

Virtually no story and absolutely no action.

Simple, but cute and very bright characters.

Absolutely astonishing animation (fell in love with it within the first 10 seconds of the first episode (opening excluded)).

I know I am just a little bit weird, but I really enjoyed this series. Charming little episodes of cute nothingness that does not seem to repeat iself, flavored with some magnificent artwork and animation. Loved it, simple and straightforward.

Of course, to be completely fair I should say that half-an-episode openings are a bit irritating, that the series would not stand a chance in the normal 24-min format, and many other things. However, Aiura is not about that at all. Rather, it is about that warm cozy feeling that stays with you after every other episode.

It is a good representative of "what happens, when nothing happens" genre. And it happens so that I love it. Hence the overall score.

mrc4nl's avatar By on Aug 4, 2015

I have mixed feelings about this one. its a relaxing slice of life series, no complaints about sound or animation.

But the intro is weird, and not relaxing at all, And takes 25% of the 4
minutes.There is not much of a story, just random episodes.I know the
episodes are too short for a real story, compared to other series of
the same length, nothing interesting happens. And the episodes are certainly not memorable.

The characters are ok,  but lack depth.

Outro is fine, dont forget to watch the part after the credits

Overall its a fine series if you just want to see something to relax, but for the story, there are better slice-of life series.

Darkmaster006's avatar By on May 25, 2015

"They were meaningless conversations, but nevertheless very fun."
The plot can be summarized on that single phrase that repeats itself every single time you play an episode.
The animation is pretty good, I loved how lively it was. It had a bright palette and it makes you feel happy.
The sounds are great. The first song is very catchy and fun to listen, and the second is calm and you don't get tired that easily of listening to it. The last one wasn't that good.
The characters were the best. Saki was my favorite, I felt as if she could be Ymir's and Historia's (from SnK) lovechild. The secondary characters were pretty fun, especially Yamashita.
The matter is: this anime is not aiming for a plot, it doesn't need one, it doesn't want to be like that (though it could very well be transformed into a anime with plot if they wanted to).
Basically, if you're searching for a blissful anime, one that leaves you with happy vibes when it ends, and one that doesn't take more than 30 minutes to watch, then you should be watching Aiura.

Pakuda's avatar By on Aug 28, 2013

I'm not even going to grace this show with a thought provoking review. It's just soooooo bad! so bad in fact, that I'm actually writting a "review" to make me feel better for having watched all of it. I mean, fuck.... TEEKYUU WAS BETTER THAN THIS SHIT, AND TEEKYUU FUCKIKNG SUCKS!!!! Whoever made this show is a fucking asshole. Fuck him! GOD DAMMIT!!!