Air Gear

AnimeYaoiFreak's avatar By on Nov 4, 2015

This anime what a fantastic one but I can"t give it the score I'd like to because of the way it ended I seriously think there should be a second series to this so people can have all the questions answer that they now hold because of the ending. The art was well done and to be honest this anime was something I really did enjoy watching.  (Sorry this is my first review)

ACEDICE's avatar By on Jan 25, 2015

Story- The story does not ask much nor show much as it follows quite a simple path. A boy seeks to find a girl he saw one day and this leads him into a new world he never new existed

Animation- the animation is quite nice although sometimes lacking and can leave you thinking of ways it could have been better. Not bad and not great just good.

Sound- the sound plays a proportiate part in making the scene what it is and does not dissapoint you on what you hoped it would be but having extremly high hopes will leave you dissapointed.

Characters- Some intresting characters here and there help drive the anime further but this can not be said for all characters as some may seem a bit too generic for an anime that seeks to explore the unknown and basses itself around mystery.

Overall I enjoyed it and thought it did its best to portray a somewhat unique stroyline. I recommend to the avearge anime watcher that seeks an anime to keep them busy until the next season of anime is released. 3/5

PaladinPaterson's avatar By on Dec 21, 2014

The story of the Crow is incredibly funny and well animated. However there isn't much to the story of the show since it's first half is overflowing with fan service. However the show has a fairly decent soundtrack and the battles, while fairly thoughtless, are awesome to look at. Air Gear is a show about high schoolers and their big dreams t become kings of their sport. It is a must watch for high schoolers but will grow stale with age.

tennis101101's avatar By on Nov 29, 2013

This anime has a some what good story line to it but sometimes it is a little confusing. I like that there is one main goal for the main characters to follow. The animation of this anime is fairly good. Some of the characters in the anine have very good details to them. I don't like some of the songs in this anime espacally the opening and the ending songs. However I like some of the songs trough out the anime. I also like some of the voices of the characters. Some of the characters in this anime are a little weired but I still like most of them.  Overall this is a very good but weired anime to watch.

6.5/10 story
WehrleX's avatar By on Sep 18, 2013

Okay to start off I will warn you that I am being a tidbit bias twards this anime since it is one of my favorites but I will try my best to be as non bias as possible. This anime in my oppinion is pretty dang awesome. My reasoning:

Story: Although the story was pretty generic for a Shonen I think it had a different feel than other Shonen I have watched. It did have the basic Shonen plot of the main character is a newbie or sucks at what he does, gets together with a group and improves; although that may be true but it seems it was presented a tad bit different in Air Gear. There are however a few plot points that were not explained or just forgot about and it did seem rush, but this really did not bother me by any means since they were realativly small.

Animation: I really have no complaints in this department, the animation was pretty solid I personally did not notice anything out of the ordinary, BUT I also did not notice anything defining about it either. All in all it's animation is on par with most other anime and is very fluid and flows quite nicely.

Sound: I have watched both the English and the Japanese versions of this anime. I personally enjoy the Dub of it more simply because it is more enjoyable to me and I think the voices suit the characters more, especially Agito/Akito in the Japanese version they keep his voice the same when he is in either personallity, I personally see Akito with a higher voice and Agito with a deeper more intimidating voice which is why I like the dub more since they did that.

Characters: I am not going to go into to much detail about the characters but I will say that each character has a backstory (main and a lot of the side/background characters) which seems to be a hard thing to come by in anime these days, a lot of the time anime will fall flat on this part but Air Gear did a good job of it.

Overall: I give this anime an 8.5/10. The reasons I will not give this anime a 9 or above is because the plot falls off at some points and seems like it just goes where it wants (which is fine) but they also could have slowed down on the plot a bit, it seems like they rushed a lot. I do recommend this anime to everyone to at least give it a look.

8.3/10 story