Agent Aika

Galadriel's avatar By Galadriel on Feb 13, 2010

Agent Aika

Plot: "Earth has been struck by a major catastrophe, causing most of the land to becovered by water. Meet Aika Sumeragi, a scavenger who unearths everything from nostalgic treasures to lost technology from the depths - for a price. During a routine assignment to find the rumored energy source Lagu, she finds herself face to face with a man called Hargan and his harem of scantily clad women named Delma! Now, with danger afoot, Aika finds herself smack dab in the middle of a conspiracy involving secret weapons, a crazed scientist and of course, panty shots galore!" (site synopsis)

Story: OMG panties and panty shots all over!, the world is finally coming to an end! LOL this might be the definition of Agent Aika, which in one way or another it manages to take from every possible position, angle and in the most weirdest positions ever seen, every panty shot in a mather of seconds. The thing that defins Agent Aika and also the other sequels of this anime is the over-the-edge Fan Service aspect, extreme ecchi, nudity, panty shots aspects used at their maximum potential only for the sake of attracting fans. Though it does not completely sacrifices the story/plot development, it still has a consistent story but it doesn't mather how good or intriguing or interesting it is because it doesn't maintains a line of seriosity, not even for abit, since we see panty shots in like each scene without exceptions. Though the story of this anime is pretty much acceptable if we just stay and think that a show like Agent Aika which the the Fan Service aspect is extremely predominant, it does not really sacrifices everything and only for this thing, its enough for me to send my praises to the author of this show. It is true that Fan Service and extreme, hardcore ecchi to the point of reaching the borderline hentai tag aspects cant make a masterpiece of an anime alone, but if this exists alongside a suitable story even though its not so well defined or detailed and with some nice, badass, captivating characters then for sure this might be far from concidering it a masterpiece but it really pulls a hell of a show and i concider it at least worth watching. The story of Agent Aika is centered on a mature twenty year old woman named Aika Sumeragi. She works as a scavenger which receives different tasks like finding hidden treasures or lost technology everything is accepted but of course with an appropriate price as well. She lives in a post-apocaliptic background, years ago the earth has been struck by a catastrophe which caused a mass wipe and most of the land was covered by water. During an assignment to find an energy source named Lagu, she finds herself dealing with a mysterious man named Hagen Rudolf his sister Hagen Nina and his huge harem of short skirt, scantily clad woman named Delma. Since Aika was interfearing in his business Hagen took interest in her willing to make Aika a member of his harem, though Aika wanted to defeat him so the possibilty of her joining Hagen became zero. From this point everything becomes predictable, only one thing worths saying is that Aika isn't quite what she claims to be, she possesses awsome martial arts skills and also she is skilled when it comes to using guns and other weapon's though her real power consists of an alien being which appears when she is in trouble and can become a killer machine defeating everyone around her. Other than this, nudity, ecchi scenes, panty shots neverending, girls with big breasts and everything else that enters in this category. For fans of ecchi genre this show, must not be missed, even though its abit extreme it sure worths watching.

Animation and Sound: In terms of animation and sound Agent Aika is pretty much average, since this was a 2001 production the animation quality, style, directing is not the same like it is nowadays, though in the other prequels it improved and the differences are obvious. The sound as well is nothing much, nothing that catches your attention, the soundtracks fit the mood, atmosphere and the setting of the anime, the background sounds fits the anime as well, but there was nothing that caught my attention.

Characters: Related to characters Agent Aika does not exceed as well, other than Aika Sumeragi which was developed in a pretty shallow way and her work partner and the boss, and also the antagonists aren't developed in a detailed way or aren't developed at all more exactly. The thing that catches your attention when it comes to characters is not the fact that they are not developed in detail is the fact that they expose their pants, boobs (doesnt mather what size though) and in some cases there were even nude scenes if i remember well. What still creeps me out is what sick mind made this anime i mean really i have seen many animes with many PPMs (panties and panty shots per second) but nothing compared to the Aika series, from every possible angle in the most weirdest positions in almost every scene. One thing is for sure, i really don't wana know the person that made/produced this anime, the person that had this briliant idea lol. Oh well at least he managed to entertain me and for this i am grateful.

Overall: Agent Aika is a hell of an anime, with hardcore ecchi aspects and over-the-edge panty shots aspect, some cool fighting scenes and a decent story, in my opinion it at least worths watching but i only recommend it to people that truly enjoy ecchi show but even those people i think that they will find it very weird and way too much to bear with. Like most of the ecchi animes it has a nice ending yet another thing that might make people wana watch this. The reason why i rated this anime so high at overall is that i damn liked, even though the normal mark would have been 7, this show really managed to entertain me from top to bottom, such shows deserve a good rate from me.

~Enjoy and Cya Around~

6.5/10 animation
james4888's avatar By james4888 on Oct 6, 2010

This ones simple. Pantyshots every 30 sec. with an ok story but nothing great. purley targeted twards young guys.

roriconfan's avatar By roriconfan on Dec 27, 2011

ART & SOUND SECTION: 6/10 [Argh! Help! I’m blinded by all the panties flashing before my eyes.]
Well, nothing bad about it. The women look ok and so do their white panties. They talk in a lukewarm and uninteresting way. Their motion during fights and the music themes have spice. The angle of the camera shots are mostly worm view, for obvious reasons. The shadowing effects are of average quality and the colors show their blunt age. The shapes of the objects are average as well, giving a similar remark to animation in general.

A notice must be given for voice actor Rei Sakuma, who is by far the most famous and best performer of them all in the show. It is as if the whole show is hunging from her ability to do voice acting right when all others are just fooling around. She didn’t have much material to show her talent but it is true the show would be completely unbearable if she wasn’t voicing Aika.

STORY & CHARACTER SECTION: 1/10 [- I see white pantsu! - When? - All the time!]
It is a simple spy scenario with a predictable plot. I could tell you more about it but… WHO GIVES A SHIT? This is a 100% fan service series and the story is there only for flavor. Heck, I hardly remember anything about it a few hours after I finished it. Because I was distracted by all the panties running through the screen. Characters? Pf! Just panties on women is all there is to it. No character development or interesting personalities are detected on board this vessel. The director, Katsuhiko Nishijima, has a "thing" for this fetish and clearly doesn’t care about anything else.

VALUE SECTION: 6/10 [And the Oscar for the highest amount of pantsu ever shown goes to… Agent Aika!]
There are these old b-movies, titled Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes. They are of really low budget and the story is insane. Yet, they are crazy enough to be considered cult. This series is something similar. It could easily be called Attack Of The Revealing Pantsu and is considered to be an equally cult title. But beyond some side historical significance, the chances of watching it again are low since there is no context or plot to keep looking forward to. Plus, an average hentai title provides more service than just panties.

ENJOYMENT SECTION: 1/10 [Pantsumon! Got to watch them all … NOT!]
Don’t look at me. I prefer hardcore hentai to just women’s underwear. I also like series with a good story and multi-layered characters; something this series is not close by a long shot.

VERDICT: 3.5/10
My work is over. “Pantsu” out and head home.

SUGGESTION LIST

Gunslinger Girls. It has little girls, brainwashed to become assassins. WAY better characters.
Ghost In The Shell (both the series, the movies and the manga). It also has sci-fi and a cyber woman assassin/swat member in it, but the story is a billion times better and is brimming with issues around humanity, soul, technology and politics. Graphics and sound kick ass!
Battle Angel Alita (the manga). It also has sci-fi and a cyber woman warrior in it, but the story is a billion times better and is brimming with issues around humanity, soul, technology and politics. The battles and the cyberpunk atmosphere are mind numbing!

hamletsmage's avatar By hamletsmage on May 8, 2011

This is one of those animes were panty-shots and ecchi content are more prevalent than the actual plot.

Story: What little I could gather from the story is that Aika and her sidekicks are treasure hunters in a post-apocolyptic world. in order to save their business, they take on a job to find some sort of energy-thing. As they reach their target, they are attacked by Delmas, weird girls in skimpy outfits with a truly bizarre leader (and his even more bizarre sister). After that, the plot more or less disolves into panty-shot filled fight scenes. (There's also the sub-plot of Aika's fancy corset)

Animation: The animation is decent, but I have to wonder how the animators felt after drawing panties for that long.

Sound: No comment

Characters: With only 7 episodes, there wasn't much they could do to make the characters rounded. The characters were a bit on the insane side, though. From the vindictive, rather mental Nena to the cross-dressing Shuntaro... the cast is just so weird.

1.5/10 overall
Cantatrice's avatar By Cantatrice on Sep 4, 2011

Agent Aika has a mediocre premise of enhanced abilities and semi-spy antics. Some of the characters, like Aika herself, are actually quite charming, but most of the others range from boring to annoying to just plain weird. Not weird in the good way, either. The animation is actually quite good, and Aika is very hot (both transformed and untransformed) if you are into animated girls. Admit it, you are. But the thing that really bugged me more than anything else in this series:

PANTY SHOTS!!!

Holy cow, you can't go two seconds without a close up of an unnamed identically uniformed bad girl's crotch! I'm not opposed to the occasional fanservice (I am, after all , a fan) but these shots are completely unneccessary and gratuitous to the point that I was wincing and covering my eyes.

I think there are way better shows you can watch if you want fanservice, ones where you actually know, say, a character's name before you see her undies.

If you must watch, watch the subbed not the dubbed version. The show is inane enough without horrible voice actors.