Ace of the Diamond

Alt title: Daiya no Ace

arkfa's avatar By on Jul 2, 2014

Before you jump at my throat asking why i havent given this absolutely amazing anime >9.5,its because of a personal shortcoming which indirectly or directly affected my enjoyment of the anime.

I have only watched two sports anime so far,both of them are easily the best animes i have ever seen.But i feel that Ace goes higher than Kuroko's basket simply because the story has the balanced feeling to it.In Ace you dont have very powerful characters like in most shounen which distinguishes it from Kuroko,which for me is a plus point.

I highly recommend watching this.Its has the most exhaustive character development,and ample time is distrubuted to majority of the cast.There are emotional moments which makes you feel what the characters are feeling.The story isnt dramatic but its simplicity and the fact that it is so well executed makes you glued to it.

The animation isnt glossy but rough,which gives it a sporty flair.

The sound is amazing,great OST.

Coming to the part where i gave them 8.5,its simply because it is about a sport that i have never played or have knowledge about.Baseball has so many terminology that i have to look it up at wiki everytime something new comes up in the anime.To those familiar with baseball,it wouldnt be a challenge but for me it sure was.I would go as far to say that  sometimes i get confused about baseball,even though i have read about it after watching the anime.

markolol12's avatar By on May 12, 2016

I loved the anime all the story and everything but i didn't like them two rivals and the main character didnt get to be a main role in a match mutch

mynameisguess's avatar By on Dec 4, 2015

Story follows Sawamura Eijun as he matures into a "awesome and realiable" pitcher for the Seido High School baseball team. So its a normal baseball anime that has traninning and matches but the thing I like about this it that it is moving and its kinda of realistic. Usually for most sport animes they keep the core characters even though they are suppose to "graduate" end of season. (SPOILERS AHEAD!) But this the 3rd years do really "move on" and they introduce new characters. The introducing of new characters is more on the season 2 but at the end of the season it shows how the new team forms.

The animation was a bit weird at times...rare though. But I liked it in general. I also liked the captions of emotions they inserted just like in the manga, made the characters more fun.

The sound was also pretty good overall and they had a few good opening and ending themes.

But my favourite part was the characters!! The characters sometimes make me watch an anime even though I might hate the story, not that I hate this story. The main guy feels really real. He is not the typicall cool and awesome main guy. He is weird, clumsy, funny, and not really protagonist material. But i just totally love him. Also I love the interactions between him and the other characters.

In all I would really recommend this if you want to watch a long, funny, good sports anime!

yoshina's avatar By on Sep 27, 2015

Thus far, one of the best sports animes I have had the pleasure in watching. One of the biggest strength of Ace Of Diamond is the variety of interesting characters and how much time is being spent developing the characters aside from the main character, Sawamura. It's an enjoyable anime I would highly recommend.

RaghadSama's avatar By on Jun 8, 2015

What A Great Anime , If You didn't watch it until now !! so what you're doing just go ahead and start watching it

Anyway can't wait to start the 2nd season